Do you have a job?

Do you own your own home?

Do you have a partner?

Are you married?

Do you have children?

People never ask you

Are you happy?

12 Likes

A guy asked me if I was happy one time at church over ten years ago. I told him “No.”

2 Likes

A cousin once asked me if I was happy before I fell ill about the course I was doing at university.

For some reason, I was really impressed by that question - because it’s true ; people rarely ask if you’re happy

3 Likes

I was just thinking of this the other day. I feel good but haven’t been happy in a long while.

2 Likes

As soon as you apply thinking to something like ‘happiness’ you are no longer happy.

The notion of applying thought and identifying what happiness is then you are not being happy any longer.

Other people should be able to see whether you are happy or not, but the moment I apply my thoughts towards asking if I am happy or not, then i am engaged in thought and that in itself means i am not being happy.

3 Likes

Are you happy?

4 Likes

That means if you have all of these you are happy :smiley:…. Or they want use of you :thinking::hugs:

1 Like

Small talk it usually annoying anyway. I particularly hate it when like doctors, nurses, dentists try to make meaningless small talke while they working on you. “Nice day today out, huh?” Ummm…yes its lovely…“Do you have any pets?” Ummmm, maybe. Its hard to remember things when I’m being poked by a 3 inch needle. Dentist : “Any plans for the day?” Yes…I plan to kill the next person who asks me questions while they have their hands in my mouth,

2 Likes

Seriously, dentists and their assistants are ridiculous about this. THey will have your mouth wide open with tools inside, and be like “so, where you from originally?”

And you’re all like “IIVIVIV arg livvvveeed ere m wharg rife”

4 Likes

I am often greeted with how’s it going today. And I always greet people with how’s it going. Usually people will tell you how their day is going and if they’re doing OK or happy or upset about something.

1 Like

No, I am not happy. Currently dealing with being manic

2 Likes

That’s too bad. But at least someone asked you.

1 Like

Yes to all of the above. I am occasionally asked if I am happy, but people who know me IRL also know that I am happy a lot of the time.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m ever happy for a long period of time, but that’s cuz i sort of consider happiness an extreme of existence. I’m more likely to be “satisfied” or “content” cuz to me that’s more attainable than being constantly happy. I have happy moments all day long, but I don’t exist in a state of happiness (unless I’m having a manic episode).

2 Likes

They ask how are you, and how are you feeling today

2 Likes

people always ask how I’m feeling, not what’s going on inside my mind or brain haha lol…

How does it feel to have schizophrenia vs behaviorial symptoms that are observable…like I feel like my mind is way more chaotic or complicated inside than most people have time to understand and realize. I think a lot of people relate.

1 Like

lol… You’ve got a good sense of humor @Bowens! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks man! It’s hit and miss sometimes, but I try. :laughing:

2 Likes

If someone asks me how I am doing I use the word ‘fine’

Usually shuts down the conversation and prevents letting onto how well things really are going

A longer answer could be ‘it’s complicated’

1 Like