People have often misunderstandings

There are still people in this world who think that we have polar bears in Finland. Of course, this is not true, we have brown bears and these will be waking up soon from their winter sleep. In fact, we have hardly snow here in the eastern Finland today at all as the following pic shows.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know anything about Finland, sorry. Could you tell me more?

I no for fin but any bear is ok tell theuy chase. You around the room

My kid sis and I used to get travel books from the library and play a game called
ā€œanywhere but hereā€

We would look at all the pictures and make up stories about what it would be like to live there.

(Which is probably why Iā€™m so sure Iā€™ve been to spain. :wink:)

I remember all the amazingly beautiful pictures of Helsinki.

2 Likes

I remember being asked once when I was in Nevada if I lived in an igloo because I was from Canada. :laughing: No I donā€™t live in an iglooā€¦

2 Likes
2 Likes

In your photo there is this white main church of Helsinki. When I arrived at Helsinki and Finland in May 2002 I slept in the bushes of Helsinki for one week when I waited my auto to arrive from Antwerp, Belgium. I remember often sitting near the church in the early morning hours.

1 Like

An Igloo? In Ontario? That I would like to see.

When I used to go up to Tofino for surfingā€¦ when people find out Iā€™m American they all start talking slower to me. Iā€™ll tell them I have Sz before I tell them Iā€™m from the states.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very beautiful church. It really does shine out. I bet itā€™s pretty on the inside too.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVwiAOh9TRlMAWG1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0NzhxNXJ0BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3N18x?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-300&va=helsinki+tuomiokirkko

3 Likes

WOW!

It is very impressive. What a lovely structure. Now Iā€™m curious about how long it took to build.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve spent a little time in Sweden, thatā€™s as close to As I ever got to Finland.
My Aunt married a ā€œFinā€ as many do in Oregon, because they are so abundant.
:slight_smile: