People are listening

I talked to my mom on the phone for the first time in three or four years.

She’s off opioids, has been for a while now. She’s living with my aunt and uncle, doing really well, considering she’s disabled and homebound.

I told her about my psychosis, told her a lot. She’s was very supportive and understanding. She’s opposite of my father, and her situation makes her more empathetic to my own.

She didn’t act surprised at all. She even said she saw paranoia in me when we lived together in 2015-16, years before I had voices. Told me how everyone always had to be quiet because “people are listening.” It’s helping me piece together how truly ill I am, and how it’s been progressing for a longer time than I realized.

I’m still trying to find a way to house my dogs. I’m anxious about it. I don’t want to trust a stranger, or most people I know. I’m afraid I won’t be able to.

7 Likes

I have dogs and can appreciate your situation.

Is not being able to board your dogs the only thing keeping you from going to the hospital/doctor/whatever?

Yes, it is.

That’s amazing about your mom

1 Like

It is. She became addicted after being disabled, and got prescriptions. She just deals with the pain now. I recommend kratom to her, since it’s a much better alternative. She’s going to look into it.

2 Likes

How many do you have?

I’d call the vet, any vet, (or SPCA) and ask for advice.

They may know options I don’t.

But that’s where I would start.

I have two, and they’re aggressive toward strangers and children. It won’t be easy to find housing, let alone having to hand them over, even if for a short time. I’m struggling hard with it. I could lose everything except my dogs.

1 Like

Lady at a headshop said kratom was safe therapeutic and saves lives. I can’t do it lmfao but I would probably given I watched an episode of Hamilton’s pharmacopeia on it. If she’s in pain that’s a good alternative to opiates. People think it’s like an opiate but Just works on opioid receptors it’s totally different but still nullifies pain. Huh? Cross my heart I don’t have serious pain for a while cux naltrexone is my savior. :pray:

1 Like

I also have two,

And they’re aggressive.

And I’m super attached, it’s difficult for me to leave them too.

They’re my friends and constant company.

I still say start with the SPCA or vet,

Leaving them will be difficult, but it’s worth it for your health and sanity.

Plus, dogs don’t remember ■■■■.

They’ll miss you while you’re gone,

But it’ll be forgotten when you get home and they’ll never remember you left.

1 Like

Are you in financial trouble?

Kind of, yes.

1 Like

I am in the same situation. I need to go to the hospital but cant cause of my dogs. I love my dogs like they are my kids. They are also really the only thing that helps with paranoia.

1 Like

My dogs have been my only comfort throughout psychosis, they’re my babies too. I feel for you, it’s an extremely difficult predicament.

I suggest you guys call your local SPCA.

I know every one is different, but my local SPCA will board dogs (one kennel per household) for free.

I think you have to prove hardship, but it’s worth the paperwork.

Even if they don’t have the same program as my SPCA,

They’ll be able to point you in the right direction.

They’ve helped me many times, with many different things.

If you explain your situation I really believe they’ll help you.

@yoda123 @fractaled

1 Like

How come you haven’t spoke to her in so long?

I also never realised how ill i am years before dx it never has really sunk in properly

You could talk to your nurse about your worries about dogs etc?

1 Like

I don’t want to go into details, but we had an argument, and went separate ways.

It’s difficult to remember the time before my first full blown psychosis. Having her recognize it in past behavior is significant to me.

I will talk to whomever about it, but I won’t go unless I believe my boys are safe.

@fractaled yeah i sort of got that from the previous posts. Does this mean that you’ll stay in touch now? That would be nice for your mum and you

1 Like

Who’s saying you have to go into hospital?

1 Like

It’s possible we’ll stay in touch, I think we will.

I haven’t seen a Dr since I had an isolated psychotic episode ten years ago. I haven’t tried to find help for my first full blown psychotic episode which started almost two years ago, and hasn’t gone away. I assume they’ll want me in the hospital for this reason.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.