Pdocs know best?

I went to a psychiatrist appointment. He asked about all the meds and how they are working. He asked about the voices, I told him the truth I still hear things. His words were, " with the haloperidol you should not be hearing voices" . I had another doctor claim the same thing but with fanapt. What’s with these doctors who claim to know more than what I’m experiencing?

2 Likes

well, at least you were honest with him…sorry he didn’t up or change your meds so that you don’t have voices. I miss you. take care sweetie.

1 Like

No he did change the latuda. But last time I was on a really high dose of it I nearly relapsed. He said if I experience an increase in symptoms to just call. I miss u too

1 Like

I once told a doc I was feeing very depressed… and he actually said… “no, your wrong.”

I got a new doc.

But sometimes my doc now doesn’t say stuff to tell me I’m wrong… he’s just puzzled.

Good luck I hope you find a doc that works for you.

When I raised the Risperdal dose to 3 mg and above, I was experiencing an increase in anxiety and agitation/fast heart rate.
I told my pdoc about it and I rold her that my heart rate increased when I upped the dose - I was sure of it all.
She downplayed what I went through and told me that it was my anxious nature that cause the rapid heartbeat.

I am supposed to increase the Risperdal but this is not possible, I am pretty revved up from my current dose of 2.5 mg - if I go higher, I will get agitated again, I am sure of it.
She is going to have to believe what I am going through - sometimes these docs will say anything just to keep you medicated on a certain med they feel is important to your well being - but at what expense?

I’m sorry, I experienced mania on a 4 mg dose of risperidone. My doctor didn’t believe me either. His solution? " take a walk" that was an old doctor. He was a jerk.

1 Like

I have a funny feeling that at some level my pdoc believes me - she just wants me to stay on this med -
that doctor who told you to take a walk sounds like a jerk - i am sorry that you had to go through that

1 Like

Well come on… the pdoc has a piece of paper mounted on his wall saying that he knows more than you AND its signed by someone just like him/her.

1 Like