Paying for care needs vs financially keeping your head above water

I am due to be assessed by social services about my care needs. I am wondering in this age of heavy benefit cuts(I’ve lost over £4000 PA since 2014) how people balance affording to pay for their care needs vs keeping their heads above water financially. I guess it comes down to rationing what you are willing to pay for your care needs and prioritising,something I’m not good at .

I had to get a X’s to co sign a loan because she or I didn’t have a ride. so we got a 1,200.00 car from a car dealer, and share the cost on the ins and car.

1 Like

I had to advocate for myself to get better benefits yesterday and today. They’ll go into place on the 1st. I literally spent 2 8-hour days on the phone and talked with at least a dozen people to make it all happen. It was not easy as I’m afraid of the phone. I’m hoarse, overloaded and feel a meltdown of sorts coming on from the stress.

The IVF clinic doesn’t take Medicare insurances. We will have to finance any treatments if we decide to do it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.