Pausing when you talk

How many of you pause after every word or every other word? I noticed I do that a lot.

5 Likes

I don’t pause quite that frequently, but I praise at odd places in conversation and it caused a lot of problems.

2 Likes

I talk too quickly and too loudly sometimes. I ramble. If I pause, I lose my train of thought and my mind wanders off.

3 Likes

i do this all the time. Doing it as I write right now. It helps get my thoughts together. I do it more so when I write than talk. But when talking it’s usually in the middle of a sentence because I can’t remember what I was saying.

1 Like

I trip over words a lot so I stop before it just becomes word salad. But other than that I ramble and repeat things more.

2 Likes

I pause a lot and lose my train of though. Or just stop mid sentence thinking I’ve finished what I was saying.

3 Likes

My problem are not the pauses after every word but the ones before and after every phrase because I can’t find anything to say… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This made me laugh, @anon84763962 because I relate. As soon as I stop making noise I quickly hit the imaginary rewind and play buttons to check if what I said made sense, and if I finished what I was trying to say…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Lol… That’s too funny :rofl:

2 Likes

I find that when I talk to myself I am pleasantly surprise at what comes out. When I talk with others I tend to listen more than talk.

like captain Kirk?

no i dont

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.