Patients with schizophrenia make less risky decisions

https://en.brinkwire.com/news/patients-with-schizophrenia-make-less-risky-decisions-and-have-less-tolerance-for-economic-injustices/

The results, which have been published today in Scientific Reports , reveal that people with schizophrenia take less-risky decisions and have less tolerance for economic injustices in comparison to healthy people.

3 Likes

It’s true, we wanna be safe and secure.

3 Likes

Not when I was on Abilify. I was impulsive.

2 Likes

But last time I checked, using cocaine is pretty damn risky. So how does that fit into the equation?

3 Likes

Not when I was on Abilify.

1 Like

I have bipolar tendencies so it doesn’t always turn out well it seems.

2 Likes

I was always very adventurous. Since i got psychosis i have become much more cautious in almost everything.

1 Like

In other News…

Murder is wrong!

It’s actually called “Publish of Perish.”

These organizations get Government funds to publish their obvious nonsense, and when they stop their wacky theories, the money dries up…so they keep printing stuff that even a 5 year old would know.

2 Likes

Also, many Schizophrenics are poor…awfully tough to make risky decisions when you have very little money.

3 Likes

Off medication I take more risks.

3 Likes

Obvious studies like this are so important guys. Now, when people say “schizophrenics are impulsive and violent” we have actual hard data to point to and say “no, according to this study we are LESS impulsive”

1 Like

In fact, after reading more thoroughly, the researchers said they hope their study will be considered relevant when courts debate whether to declare a person incapable of meaningful consent. This could be used to preserve the legal rights of patients with schizophrenia and substamce abuse.

2 Likes

Yeah on medications I take less risks.

2 Likes

Same here. Off meds I engaged in very risky behavior but now I’m mr. Cautious.

2 Likes

Off meds and while on Abilify I made behaviors that nearly killed someone and myself.

1 Like