Parents of teenagers

Let them tell you what they like, @Ninjastar.

3 Likes

I’m 43 and still love Tetris. FYI teens are hard to deal with especially girls so just be ready. I don’t know though my daughter’s been hard headed since the age of three so it might just depend on the kid.

2 Likes

That’s true. Very true

2 Likes

This is what I was going to suggest.

2 Likes

I would get them library cards. Let them read books on many different subjects so that they will know what they’re interested in. I wasn’t interested in foreign languages until I was required to take Spanish in high school.

If you’re not exposed to a thing you don’t know if it’s right for you.

2 Likes

Perhaps some fighting games like Tekken or Soul Calibur, those work on ps3.
Or minecraft, that also works on ps3.

You’ll probably be told the age and gender of the child before it comes to live with you, and you’ll have the time to prepare.

You already sound like you’ll be very accomodating, and I’m sure the child will appreciate that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Ninjastar. You’ll learn as you go. Try not to worry.

2 Likes

Oh!!! You have to get Mad Libs!!! Do you remember mad libs? Those books are hilarious :joy:

2 Likes

I wish I could help but I havent a clue in the world lol…
Fifa games?? My brothers played those

I’m not actually a parent

2 Likes

Cards against humanity is good
It’s a board game card game

And monopoly the card game

1 Like

Oh, @Ninjastar Cards against humanity reminded me of a game for kids called Apples to Apples. It’s hilarious and good for the preteen and a bityounger group

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apples-to-Apples-Junior-Fun-Family-Game-for-9-Year-Olds-and-Up

2 Likes

Card games like Yu-Gi-Oh! They can collect those card too. Or Pokemon trading card game.

2 Likes

Depending on how old they are I really suggest just giving them money and taking them to the mall. I’m not a parent but I’m a recent teenager so id recommend giving them just some money. It’s effective and you don’t risk giving them something you don’t like.

2 Likes

Try to get ps3 game get some first person shooters, and if you have a pc secure it. kids that age damage pc sometime, but if you have and allow them access to it make sure you check on em from time to time. Please take it slow with them, and be patient and kind.

1 Like

Also take em to pick toys and games to play on wii, and ps3 or just toys.kids are quite indepth with thier preferencing.

1 Like

Sometimes you can get a remote controlled helicopter for a decent price. My son played with his for years.
My son also loved Lego. And collecting pokemon cards. They have good collector card pages for putting in binder.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.