Paranoia/social anxiety sucks

Tomorrow the direct payment help starts. I’m worrying about interacting with someone who isn’t family or a mental health worker. I always worry that I’m going to come over as someone who’s no good and a fake , and they’re going to think " Why TF should we be helping him "

It doesn’t help that I’m not even sure I’m bad enough to need the help. Lots of “If you just pulled yourself together you pathetic ■■■■■■■” thoughts circulating through my mind.

6 Likes

When I am daunted by something I have anxiety or fear about, I tell myself…“try to just make it fun”…and all that fear and anxiety goes away…do you have anxiety right now? do you need someone to talk to? @firemonkey

2 Likes

Definite anticipatory anxiety . The sort that can often affect me. A lot is thinking I’m not bad/ill enough to deserve/need the help and if I was any good I’d just pull myself together .

2 Likes

Is it for a disability money appointment kind of thing? When I had mine, I was worried that I was going to forget some of the points of my symptoms and how they affect me so I made a list the night before to hammer it in my mind and feel more confident.

2 Likes

@firemonkey you deserve every bit of help you get man !! I lean on my government and they know how serious schizophrenia is…they just told me about a month ago that I was possibly going to be reviewed…I wrote back all my doctor visits for my meds and left a note that listed all my mental ailments and they wrote me back last week and said they won’t need to do a review…play it honest and you can’t lose…don’t have anxiety…take slow breaths and concentrate on a painting or flowers or something like that …hold something that will fit in the palm of your hand and squeeze the object constanty…and then release…

2 Likes

My theory is no one knows what’s you’re going through. It’s not like you have a label on your forehead stating that you suffer from ______ .
Just go about your day like nobody’s business. I k ow it may seem hard but just push on.

2 Likes

It’s for social care help- cleaning,laundry, shopping ,prompting re washing .

3 Likes

take a hot bath…just sit in the hot water and dream away…honestly I am dead serious…I think it would help you relax.

1 Like

@jukebox Perhaps I should hold on to the fact my stepdaughter has arranged all this and wouldn’t have done if she didn’t think I needed it. I think sometimes others are perhaps a better judge of how we are.

3 Likes

there ya go @firemonkey be at peace now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.