Paranoia reaching a whole new level

I was in the shower washing my hair and I heard noises coming from the door downstairs. It turned out to just be the post man putting stuff through the letter box but I thought it was ISIS coming to kill me. So I jumped out of the shower and searched the entire house whilst holding a spray bottle of bleach to defend myself with.

I didn’t find anyone hiding in the house, just a pile of letters at the door.

5 Likes

U are psychotic …!!! Start adding anti-psychotic in ur life… those are positive symptoms of Sz…take care homie…

1 Like

I used to do some pretty weird stuff off meds, one time heard a big loud noise and the house shook a bit, thought it was over, ran around the house trying to figure it out, turned out it was a box of welding rods fell to the floor and they are really heavy.

consult your doctor and inform them of the on-setting intensity of your condition.

It’s not that uncommon for people to occasionally get spooked like that. It depends on real it was…

They wouldn’t call it terrorism if it wasn’t effective at generating terror.

1 Like

I’d talk to my doc about it if I were you

I worry about this kind of thing a lot… if it’s not ISIS then I think another group of people are after me. Like about a month ago I thought there was a legion of white bald men stalking me. And previously I have been expecting a serial killer to be hiding in my house, even when all of the doors and windows have been locked and not opened.

Yeah motions of psychosis. More then just paranoia.
You prob need a glimpse of insight before you can take any type of hold on the situation your going through.

Sounds like psychosis to me. I get thinking like that too. I hate it.

1 Like

when i have a shower or bath i put music on but i can see how you would get freaked out by that, you have to tell yourself that the door is locked firmly and no-one can get in, maybe get a good lock for your bathroom door as well if you think that will help, or a better security system.

When I first moved to my flat I found the place made unfamiliar noises…

Like when someone opened the landing door the letterbox would slam for our flats… I used to think it was bad people or someone coming into my flat whist I was asleep

It’s at what point it becomes a problem and not something that you learn is a normal sound of something that no longer triggers irrational beliefs!

do you feel like there is a reason that they would be doing this to you?

do you feel like this is something that could happen to just anybody?

are there any events in the region that indicate this is a possibility?

I’m glad the bald dudes following you isn’t an issue. I’m asking these things because I always used to think there was a reason I was being targeted. It sounds like you do have a lot of fear to you and your mind might just be trying to sort out why.

I also have problems like that.

2 Likes

I used to do this kind of stuff and I was ON meds. I would think serial killers had gotten into my house and I would go about my house with a big butcher knife in my hand looking for the serial killers. I would even call the police and tell them that a serial killer was in my home. And the police would come and see me with a butcher knife in my hand and tell me to “Drop the knife!”. I would go through this scene all of the time. I was petrified of serial killers getting into my home. I feel a lot more secure now living in an independent senior community with security doors and security guards on staff.

1 Like

Not that you said you were but I’m assuming that In this situation you were home alone. I know that not many people feel 100% safe or comfortable while in this situation.

Yes, I was usually home alone. But, not always. Sometimes I had my grown son with me who was strong and weighed 220 lbs.

When your grown son was around, were you more comfortable?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.