Paranoia attacks

So when I feel uncomfortable I get paranoia. I start thinking my parents are talking about me and sometimes I hear a low droning voice. Anyone have any tips on how to make uncomfortable situations a little easier to deal with?

try to put your mind on other things… like being busy with something else to drown out those feelings.

Distract distract distract

Also: DBT skills

Dunk your head in ice cold water, go for a short run, smell strong smells, eat something you hate. Jolting things like that can help me. As can something that takes my brain like sudoku or stroop test (I think that’s what it’s called, where you have color names in different colors that don’t match and you have to read the words or say the colors)

Sometimes I play video games and that helps. But once I get paranoid I can’t do anything. Video games make me more paranoid, movies, whatever. I just vacuumed and that seemed to help some.

1 Like

What is DBT? I’ve never heard of that

1 Like

Is it like a panic attack? I get like that where I feel everything I’m paranoid about is real and I’m not delusional. It really scares me.

Yeah. It’s a panic attack. My heart beats like crazy. I lose control of my breathing. And I also always think my parents are talking about me. Sometimes it happens when I drink to much wine. Sometimes it just happens out of nowhere

That’s how I feel. Do your delusional thoughts come to the forefront?

Yeah. Definitely. Just minor but they are definitely there. Like tonight driving home with my parents I thought people were leaving there lights on for us to lead us home

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.