Panic attacks

I used to control panic attacks by going to the gym and it really helped. But they’re all closed. Is anxiety a Sz symptom or a co-illness. I always wonder. How many of you guys get panic attacks for no real reason?

I get panicked in crowds. First one was in class in college. I think at that moment, I exhibited symptoms of sz, so I’d say a symptom of the illness.

1 Like

if you don’t learn to ignore the fear of having a panic attack after you’ve already had panic attack / s so that you can unplug the anxiety and fear…I didn’t used to be able to go alone anywhere…my mom went with me until I realized from my therapist teaching that I had nothing to fear…and now I am anxiety free…it takes practice, don’t give up trying to ignore the fear…

1 Like

I think it’s a bad memory of when you went under from doctor’s drugs. It’s a fear of all of a sudden going under and becoming unconscious and helpless in a strange place.

1 Like

I was taking Klonopin for anxiety and an occasional panic attack. But since I switched to Abilify, I’ve haven’t had any anxiety so far. I stopped taking the Klonopin. I was only taking 0.5mg of it.

2 Likes

I take Klonopin as well and it helps me out. :crocodile::crocodile::crocodile:

2 Likes

You shouldn’t feel bad about any weight that you are. I know that doesn’t magically change things for you but you are wonderful regardless of how you look. Remember that.

1 Like

I had a friend who has social anxiety disorder. He stresses and gets panick attacks when surrounded by ppl. He takes Citalopram and it works he says.

1 Like

Mine aren’t social. They seem to be random. Today I was carrying laundry to the washer and got one.

If its serious ask your pdr about a med for it.
Citalopram is used for many things including panick attacks, not necessarily social.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.