Paliperidone decreases positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia

@Aziz read the second sentence - Controlled clinical studies proved its effectiveness on decreasing the positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Risperidone is similar to Invega. I am on risperidone. Studies say Risperidone also decreases negative symptoms. Maybe positive symptoms can worsen negative symptoms. All meds worsen negative symptoms in reality.

Invega Sustenna and Invega Trinza didn’t make my negative symptoms any worse. The only problem I’ve had is not showering enough but I had that for two years before I started taking meds too.

So you’re as functional as before sz?

Yeah pretty much.

Invega made my negative symptoms much worse. If I weren’t on ADHD medication I am not sure I would get out of bed. I don’t know if it was the depression dealing with the new diagnosis of sza or my negative symptoms being exacerbated but I have noticed a big decline in my functioning since being on it. Plus I have lost all interest in my hobbies and music.

1 Like

Same for me on risperidone.

Do you work, drive, exercise or go to the gym, hangout with friends, shower daily, etc?

I go to the Wellness center weekly and use the treadmill and I go for walks outside.

Anyways I am 100% sure meds made my negative symptoms worse in my case as I stopped meds for 2 years in the past, was more functional, lived alone independently, exercised, showered twice a day, etc I can’t do any of that on meds.

Now on meds I only shower once a week.

Negative symptoms usually start before positive symptoms.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.