Painting - Despair

28 Likes

Lovely!! 666!999

2 Likes

brilliant mixture of colors!

3 Likes

That’s an amazing painting.

2 Likes

Well done! I really like this. It captures the feelings of despair well.

3 Likes

Love it. Is it done with pastels?

1 Like

Thanks everyone :smiley:
@Raven it’s done with acrylics, and I used a calligraphy pen to do the outline on the blue character

1 Like

I’m trying soft pastels today. My tremors in my hands has gotten worse so I’m trying different mediums and styles.

Experimenting is good :smile:

1 Like

Very cool!
I love the colors!

1 Like

Wow! That’s amazing. Good job honey.

1 Like

I like how the figure is shaped like a brain. Was that intentional? And I like that you used bright colors even though the title is “Despair” You’re very creative, @Pikasaur.

1 Like

That painting describes schizophrenia.

1 Like

Thank you, that was the original intention :smiley:

1 Like

You have more paintings?

I sure do! I made an instagram where I upload the ones I’m the most satisfied with.

1 Like

Anna is a pretty name. You should post the one with the guy sitting on the rock by the lake at night. I like that one. The hot air balloon is also nice.

Thanks! I always though it was a bit boring. I took Christina as a middle name before I was medicated and I hate having to explain to people that I just felt like it was an interesting name that would suit me.

As a kid I would spell my name “Anea”. My mother told me I told her that ‘E’ was a pretty letter, and that since I had two 'n’s, I had no problem trading one of them for an ‘e’. I was not a bright kid :joy:

I think I did post the one with the lake a while ago. Like a few years ago or something.

1 Like

Found it!
https://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/painting-i-watched-the-stars/79331/6

1 Like