Packing groceries at the checkout?

Something most people take in their stride? What about people here though? Are you a methodical packer? My stepdaughter takes me grocery shopping. She packs the stuff for me at the checkout. I 'd just put stuff randomly in a bag until it was full up. She’s more methodical. I’d get flustered and all fingers and thumbs doing it.

1 Like

I often have my backpack and I put groceries to this backpack without any special method.

1 Like

My first job was bagger for a big grocery retailer. I was very anal about what goes with what. Cold products go with cold products, and vice versa. Meat products go separately to avoid contamination if the package was to leak.

Eggs and bread go together, which is one of the only time I broke my cold goes with cold rule.

I had customers thank me for my attention to detail, so I mist have been doing something right.

2 Likes

The cashier actually commented on how well I packed my Groceries last time I shopped, got it down so she scans the heavy stuff first and the stuff like bread etc last so it packs properly

Everywhere I go the cashier bags the groceries unless you go to self check out

I have anxiety issues at grocery stores and feel overwhelmed most of the time.
Here in the States, cashiers bag the groceries.

I do the self checkout I pack my groceries fast. If I’m already paid I pack my friends groceries. He never packs mine. Lazy I think. O well.

But at shop rite they hire baggers

Atstop n shop a cashier does it

The cashiers where i am bag the groceries.

I’m all about putting as much in one bag as possible. The less I have to carry, the better.

here they bag your groceries for you so I don’t have to worry about it, unless I go to a self checkout. I only do self checkout if I have a few items.

mom gets re-usable bags instead of those plastic bags that the grocery stores use, so she doesn’t have as much trash.

I haven’t bought my own bags yet, but probably should. I use the bags they give me for my little bathroom waste baskets and also put dead mice in them and throw them in the trash can when I catch one. I have a whole big pile of plastic grocery bags under my sink, I just can’t throw them out.

I tend to put heavy things together and keep meat and eggs separate.

I refuse to use the self checkouts because I am intimidated by them. I don’t know what I’m doing and I don’t want to look stupid.

When I go to Target, they have about 15 cash registers and they only staff one or two of them. They’re always trying to get me to do the self checkout but I always use a cashier.

I don’t have a problem packing groceries, but the self checkouts scare me.

We use our store’s pickup program. You order online and then you set up the time later that day to pick them up already bagged and they load the groceries in your car. It’s super awesome, especially when you can’t walk much.

It’s kind of a fine art, lol. In the seventies when I was a kid it was all paper bags and the bagger had it down perfectly and packed the bags quickly and efficiently.

1 Like

My first job was as a trolley boy. Back then though when you had spare time you’d pack groceries on the checkouts. It wasn’t scan back then so a bit involved. I’m good. It’s not hard. Keep cold with cold, don’t overload the bag, don’t mix cleaners or chemicals with food…If you think about it you know it all already!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.