Oxymorons thread

Say a cool oxymoron uve heard

Im a soldier for peace

3 Likes

I’ve been called a brilliant fool before.

I never figured out if I should be honored or not honored by this…

3 Likes

I would kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

3 Likes

Military Intelligence

3 Likes

You are gonna get stuck with someone just like you and you’re going to hate it.

I’m gonna kill you dead.

Hot water heater. There’s no need to heat hot water.

1 Like

Civil war…

5 Likes

I don’t know other than the guy I was best friends with in my teens who had an enormous reggae and old ska collection on both vinyl and cd who became a racist with a purported swastika flag to boot it all into oblvion. I mean it happened slowly but how can someone who likes reggae enough to amass a collection become a Nazi?

Other than that all I can think of is my vodka induced late night’s outon the old porch swearing I was going to war for love. A one man war against an uncertain and unidentified enemy for the honor of somone who hadden’t yet died. I just remember sitting in that back room doing shots of Stolie’s while watching my little tv, after a while I’d make it out to the porch where I’d declare my support for the “war of love”

War of love? What is that?

1 Like

Haven’t heard directly but can be deducted : a nice pdoc

common decency. decency is anything but common.

3 Likes

Time is strictly relative. If time is relative, how can it be strictly anything?

3 Likes

Lamp shade…door wall…

1 Like

Belongs in the Department of Redundancy Department.

1 Like

as hard as jelly lol

your only as strong as you are weak

I don’t like the word weak, makes me think of eugenics or somethings. Common decency and this being rare though, that I like. Oxymoron’s? I’m still just thinking of the friend who listened to reggae who became racist while not purportedly actually being racist. He told me of his time in jail once that the kid in the next cell over was black and that the guard had this dixie flag tattoo and never let the kid out of his cell and that they’d pass half smoked cigs through the vents and this was a guy who flirted with the N-word in public. That’s my oxymoron. Last I heard of him I was asked “you mean the swastika guy?” WTF?

Same difference.

1 Like

strictly speaking a performative contradiction, but nevertheless: “you can’t compare […] with […]”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.