Overtime work

I am so shocked at how much you get for doing overtime. Like Saturday its £13.61 and Sunday £16.79. But on normal weekdays I only get £10.43. So should i go for it? I’m thinking yes to pay off for the new iPhone 6 :smiley:

1 Like

I used to do a lot of overtime work before I had my kids. I had higher pay than my boss. I earned about 31500 € / year. Now I’m down on 28000 €.

1 Like

Getting a juicy chunk of overtime was a sweet deal. Miss that!

10-96

1 Like

Sounds like a good deal @anon80629714 - if you are feeling up to it - why not! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, here in the states, for overtime we get paid “time and a half”. I don’t understand the conversion rate of your money but it appears you get time and a half too. If I work on a major holiday (which is rare) it’s double-time.

1 Like

The trend that I first ran into in 1994 when I was working at Sears is that many places do not like to pay over-time anymore. So they schedule you for 37 1/2 hours per week or 7 hour days. I forget their reasoning but I’ve ran into this trend more than once. It was never like that when i had all my jobs as a teenager in the late seventies.

1 Like

I always figured that working overtime not only gets me more money but it impresses the boss. I always figured it makes me look like a hard worker. Someone they can depend on who’s willing to go above and beyond the call of duty and help the company when it really needs it.

1 Like