Overcoming sz. What do i do now? What is next?

As above. What would you do ? What are you doing ? Still taking a minimum of AP’s.

1 Like

Build a life. It may be a little different from most but do something you like doing whether it’s a hobby or work…make friends. Seek knowledge. There’s plenty to do and yes. Take the minimum you can for best function.

6 Likes

My symptoms are at an all time low but I don’t think I’ve 'overcome": schizophrenia. Today at work was one of those days where I sat in my car at lunchtime and just looked at the wide open spaces and my mind slowed down, and was quiet and I had peace of mind. But I know schizophrenia will come back and will always be here somehow, some way, in some form.

6 Likes

What was before?

1 Like

I don’t know what to do ? I am starting doing unhealthy things, who wants to hang out with a sz? I figured sz is a lonely life. :slightly_frowning_face: But yes, i need to look forward. It is well known, disease and poverty are best friends.

Before i didn’t know i had sz, i thought i am a usual guy.

I found this.

5 Likes

Wouldnt it make more sense to stop waiting for your self to change? And take action?

1 Like

Yes, but i am not waiting. I am resting. It seems i have no energy. I need to recharge my batteries :battery:. I don’t know, i hope it makes sense. My diet is poor. Even i drink around 2 liters of water a day. I get myself some multivitamins after the weekend. I am planning to go out in nature for a couple of weeks. I wait for my friends memorial service and than i go.

1 Like

That sounds nice :+1:

1 Like

Time isn’t pressuring us. I am thankful for that. But I had already a lot of it.

To answer your questions.
I forgot what the first question was but I knew there was one.
I don’t know.
I don’t know.
I don’t know.

I want to keep what I like about myself.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ll overcome my depression. I have constant negative symptoms and delusions. Been on meds for over 10 years now. I just take meds and try to live as best as I can.

4 Likes

I’m a weird man, nothing much just sitting here in the convention lobby filled with weeboos in my PAJAMAS

3 Likes

Have you tried biting someone on the ankle?

It’s invigorating.

:blush:

2 Likes

This illness is so insidious - first it makes you destroy everything around you with positives. For me self harm. Then as you work on managing those symptoms, it throws the negs on you so you can’t want / enjoy anything. I won’t go on but I don’t wish this on anyone.

Not sure how SZ will work out for me.

4 Likes

I support you, wear “Pajamas to a Convention” Movement.

。°。°。°。°。° 。°。°。°。°。° 。°。°。°。°。° 。°。°。°。°。°

2 Likes

Just going about my life plans as always. End goal is to be a psych nurse practitioner at an outpatient clinic. Have my own clients i see and everything.

2 Likes

You are living well with schizophrenia @77nick77 . That is the objective. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Anybody who can hold down a job or attend school while schizophrenic is a hero in my book. My next step is volunteering at the library or entering the vocational program with the mental health county services in my area. I need to see if I can work despite the voices.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.