Out of the blue... bang

Maybe I’m just over tired… or over stressed between school finals and work but I had a bit of a break down over the week.

One of my best co-workers had a bit of a break down himself and quit the job. He was a great guy to work with… and yes… people come in go in life… I also lost two others of my crew and it’s been a bit of a shock.

but having this much change in the crew hit me hard.

emotional stuff always seems to do this… for about a day or two I’m Ok and then when I’m least expecting it… some stupid little thing will set me off and then I’m falling apart.

I was wondering

Does anyone else get like this? Ok for a bit and then out of the blue… freaking out and filled with darkness and sorrow. I hate these surprise swings.

I am doing better now… so good luck to us all.

2 Likes

It’s “just” stress. Stress is like dark fairy dust that gets sprinkled on mental illness. Then weird symptoms show up.

4 Likes

Yeah. Sorry you hit a rough patch. Happens to me all the time. I try the best I can in my circumstance but there are deffinately rough times now and then. Like a few months ago I felt comfortable meeting friends for dinner, going to the store, now? I’m pretty much confined to my place and go out only when absolutely necessary. The world outside just seems hostile.

True, friends do come and go, coming to accept this has helped me a lot, doesn’t mean I don’t miss them, but I do accept that they do. But yeah, my road tends to get rougher than some stretches.

2 Likes

Hug tight, @SurprisedJ. (Speaking of change, did you see what happened to our :bug: hug?! It looks like it wants to fight us now!)

Yeah, this is a recurring problem with me. I’m going along fine, I can be cheerful and laugh, and then something happens and there’s the Void. Suddenly, the idea of going to a movie fills me with dread and self-hatred. Everything is empty and I can’t think of anything that will make it better. It always catches me off guard.

4 Likes

Yes, I get that way too. Sometimes for no apparent reason, but then things will pile up and give me more than the general self-loathing to focus on. Things are going to be changing drastically for me at work next year as the teacher I assist the most will be moving on, which means I’ll probably be a roving assistant next year. Also, my son is staying with me right now but will be leaving in a week to start his life about 8 hours drive away. And then, my dad has dementia and his future is uncertain. And, my husband wants to change careers but we’re not young and should be thinking about retirement next, not starting over… And, I’m getting old… Honestly, life is just overwhelming sometimes. What can we do but just hang on and ride it out, and make the best of it when we can. You’re not alone in your feelings :heart:

3 Likes

Yeah @SurprisedJ, I get that way too. Stress brings it on. Sometimes I just don’t know which way is up.

1 Like

well, Hang in there !! @Hedgehog I know how taxing a relationship can be like. right now we are pretty happy but we’ve had our downs too. not for a long time now…we got here by communication between us. don’t stop explaining yourself to your husband and then maybe it will settle down?

2 Likes

Yeah, change and having things that I can’t control can throw me for a loop. We got a new guy at work too. Now the dynamics have changed and it’s little stressful. Hang in there surprisedJ until the dust settles and you get adjusted to the change. Hopefully things will iron themselves out and you will get used to the new people.

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon, J.

1 Like

I get depressions out of nowhere. And anxiety out of nowhere. There are often absolutely no triggers, it just happens. But stress is frequently a trigger for my anxiety and depressions.

1 Like