Out of character meanness

Sometimes I can’t believe what comes out of my mouth… anyone else felt this way?

I think we all try to be saints over the internet, at least that’s the case with me. But if I feel I’m being attacked, I can become overly cruel. It shocks me sometimes.

There is a lot of abuse in my past. I want to end the trend. Men in my family are a**holes.

3 Likes

Sometimes I can broadcast some pretty hostile vibes when I think people are treating me unfairly. I’m not too worried about it, but occasionally I think I can be unreasonable.

@crimby You’re like the dictionary definition of reasonable. Meaning, you’re always willing to communicate with someone with a differing opinion and reevaluate based on what you hear, while still holding true to your beliefs. I’ve noticed that over and over with you. It’s impressive. It’s not one of my skills.

Anyway, I also think you’re too hard on yourself. You’re a good egg. You should be told that more often :smile_cat:

1 Like

@bluey, I haven’t seen this from you? Do you keep it totally under wraps here?

I pride myself on my objectivity. Thanks for the kind words.

It’s really when I’m off meds that this happens. Blowing up other people’s faults thanks to my brain. Like, if someone killed a fly I might call them a terrorist. It’s not my true self talking.

Sometimes people are in a bad mood and say or do things that out of character. Add alcohol or sleep deprivation to the mix and sometimes people can say things way out of character. I know I’ve said many things while intoxicated that I’ve later came to regret. Hopefully most people understand this though, and judge someone based upon everything that someone has said while knowing the person and not just one out of character remark.

I can relate. I can be an ■■■■■■■ in real life, sometimes on here too.

1 Like

i admire you for wanting to end the trend… :heart:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Yes, sometimes it shocks us upon finding out how we react. It shows what is in our heart. Let’s examine our heart regularly. It is good for you to raise this question.

1 Like

Think everyone experiences this from time to time, not just szs. Great that you are aware of it. Try not to take things personal, sometimes we have trouble figuring out what is happening/ not happening. Remember to breathe and think ‘stop’ when you are about to tirade.

2 Likes