Our priest just died of covid, he was an antivaxxer

Our priest died this morning of covid. He never took the vaccine as he was against it.

If he took the vaccine he would have gotten much milder symptoms and would have survived.

3 Likes

He’s the father of one of my friends.

1 Like

ah that sucks… sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Well, we all should be vaccinated. I am going to have my third vaccination in Jan 2022. I am a little worried about these new coronavirus variants.

2 Likes

I’m sick with a cold today, first time sick since December 2019. I was worried it was covid when I woke up today but I have sore throat which is not one of the symptoms.

Maybe get tested to be 100% sure. I read online that you can get free covid testing kits in Canada or for 5$ depending on the province.

2 Likes

I got my 2nd dose in 7 Sept so I should take my 3rd dose in 7 March.

I had a sore throat with COVID. So did the rest of my family.

3 Likes

I forgot to say the priest is 61 y.o.

Here priests aren’t allowed to have children. Celibacy.

1 Like

Here some are allowed some aren’t. The higher rank like archbishop aren’t allowed to get married.

1 Like

If your sick get tested. Call your local pharmacy. Wear a mask so you don’t spread it. I worry about bringing it home from grocery shopping and giving it to my grandmother or mom.

1 Like

Here bishops and archbishops can’t get married but some low rank priests can get married but there is a rule where I think you should be married before becoming a priest.

1 Like

I probably shouldn’t enjoy the irony, but…

2 Likes

You put it much more politely than I would have, which is why I didn’t respond until now.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I wish people would get back to reality and get vaccinated

1 Like

That’s too bad. Hopefully it helps bring light to the importance of getting vaccinated to others at your church.

2 Likes

Nothing you can do about it.

Lots of people are winning the Darwin award right now.

6 Likes

An ex-antivaxxer.

3 Likes