Organising a Fundraising event

@shutterbug @Cragger @ThePoet @lekkerhondje and anyone else(sorry if i have missed you

I am thinking about organising a fundraising event, selling tickets with 30% of takings going to charity

I am hoping the costs will all be covered if i sell tickets for £7 each and get 50 people to attend i should get £350 which i would split between costs

Budget

• £45 for the PA FOH system
  • £40 for lighting
  • DJ Hire £40
  • Door supervisor £50
  • Venue hire is free
  • Food and Drink provided by venue
  • Open mic voluntary
  • Kareoke i have a projector but i’m a bit worried about this.
  • £25 Misc

so i need £200 to cover costs and if i get £350 so 30% of that is a £116.66 for charity

what do you guys think?

1 Like

Nice dude sounds like you know what you’re doing. People are always looking for something to do. Somewhere to hang out. Sounds cool

1 Like

I’m thinking about doing some research, i was lucky to get 25 people at my birthday gig and the costs were £40 for lighting, £45 for pa and £260 for food (the food was terrible) i wish i made my own sandwiches

1 Like

Only 80 euros for a DJ and lighting? I used to make a lot more than that pre-pandemic. Seems pretty low.

1 Like

The dj was free but i wanted to give him something, same with the lighting guy, I will give them more depending on how much we take,

They wanted to help out bc the lighting guy just wanted some experience and to see what it was like, the DJ’s were friends of my radio station.

its not euros btw not sure why you said that

Sorry, used to thinking in terms of that currency over yonder.

2 Likes

I thought the biggest Boon was free venue hire, i always thought it would cost a fortune but luckily they cover their costs by selling Drinks, they said i could have it without alcohol but they’d require a donation instead.

That sounds ■■■■■■■ awesome!! I have thought of doing similar things with record sales, with half of the profit going to the Salvation Army. That’s really decent of you man.

You should talk to @mrhappy, he has a radio show of his own in Scotland and might be able to give you some pointers.

I’m guessing that the most important part of the radio talk show, is to make it as engaging as possible for the listener. Encourage their comments, and make them part of it. I don’t know, that’s all I can think of

Edit: I was answering your other post as well here

1 Like

I changed my name on here cragger, my name was mrhappy but its now resilient1 sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Oh ■■■■, LOL. I guess I haven’t been here for a while. How goes the battle?

1 Like

i kinda freaked out pretty badly 2 weeks ago but i’m almost over it now, although i’ve been fatigued today, luckily it didnt affect my radio show too much but i’m just trying to figure a way to make an ident, i have ableton 11 suite but i am not confident on it at all and afraid to use it bc it could wear me out very fast.

any new music?

2 Likes

Sorry you had a freak out, my friend. I haven’t flipped out in quite a while, but I remember what it’s like.

So are you still doing your show, or you’re on break now?

1 Like

i had recorded a couple of Interviews before and i was able to work on them when i felt able so on the 10th i just did something easy it was an hour for kids music, i managed to do a few things despite it anyway so it was ok

Hey Craggier! Still playing guitar?

@Resilient1 glad to hear you had it covered. Good to hear you can still put yourself out there

Hey @Jinx . Yeah I’m still playing. Actually I just stop taking a painkiller recently, that was making my hands week and my playing has really come back a lot. What have you been doing with yourself?

1 Like

Not housework, lol. Still isolated practicing guitar and mandolin and still swearing off drugs and alcohol and reading. Yeah, reading became a problem, but I’ll read a book every now and then to prove I can.

1 Like

i’m getting a guitar soon and i had a go at ableton tonight, bloody eyes are sore now though :frowning: the tune is pretty good, idk what i could do with it, i kind of need something to work around like lyrics or something, its nothing without lyrics :frowning:

1 Like

@Jinx mandolin? That’s cool. I bought a cheap one quite a while ago, but I’ve never put much time into it. My buddy Bob taught him self to play pretty well in about a year. The guy can play anything. Christ I hate that LOL. Good on you for steering clear of the booze and drugs. That’s a challenge in itself

@Resilient1 that’s awesome that you’re picking up a guitar. You’ll be putting out some kickass ■■■■ in no time. I can’t promise anything, but lay the tune on me and maybe I could think of some lines to get it started

1 Like

Thanks for the offer but i think I’ll play around with it a bit, im still a beginner so just tryi g to get into it doesnt help whenvmy eyes are on fire, i had to give up gaming and tv bc my eyes get sore, even sitting outside is a problem :frowning: eyes are just so sensitive :pleading_face:,

anyway, i had a weird cough so just took a covid test looks negative but if i still have this cough tomorrow i might isolate.

1 Like

■■■■. I hope you’re okay. Take care of that cough.

1 Like