Optimism and positive life changes

This is the thread to discuss how optimism and positive life changes help to improve your life. Even minor changes can have huge, lasting effects. Focusing on the positive things in your life makes it easier to deal with the negative things that come along.

4 Likes

I think one thing to be optimistic about is potential new meds. Either new ones to hit the market, or ones you haven’t tried yet.

I’m looking forward to trying rexulti, and then even min-101 or even iti-007.

1 Like

Looks promising …hope it passes its lateral phase and make it to the market…

1 Like

The Nick Name for my friend Amanda is “Debbie Downer”. After her car was repossessed and her house foreclosed, she’s a sad sack. It’s unpleasant to talk with her.

Jayster

@Jayster

1 Like
1 Like

I realize that my struggles with schizophrenia would make it easy for me to be pessimistic, to see the glass half empty instead of half full. That said, I credit my optimism to my very survival with schizophrenia. There is simply no other way for me.

Helen Keller said that when one door closes another opens, but we find ourselves focusing so much on the door that closed that we don’t notice the door that opened.

I must see that door that opened.

2 Likes

Monday was the first day of my online class. So far so good.

1 Like

I try to be positive and optimistic always, I do not like depression, although in the past there have been times when I have been depressed, but I went through those situations, without optimism I would have not survived over two years in my auto in America, we can all do little things to steer our ship in the direction of better futures, we just have to be good captains.

2 Likes