Opinions come slow

when I was younger I was quick to have a view on many things. but as I’ve begun to age and meds have slowed down my thoughts, I’ve found that opinions come slow for me and now im more apt to reconsider them when im presented with better arguments or more life experience. it’s just weird, I went from opinionated to not very opinionated in a matter of years.

I think the only opinions I have any confidence about are all about sports, since that’s what I know most about. but other things, like, schizophrenia, politics, music, and nutrition, im more apt to listen to someone else’s views than form a solid foundation for myself. im just kind of fluttering in the wind I guess.

2 Likes

All we really do is learn from other people’s beliefs. But there definitely is a thing to be said of independent thought. I’ve noticed my beliefs switch a lot, kind of creating cognitive dissonance. I hope, as I mature, that I will have more firm and steadfast beliefs. What I would do if I were you would be to study facts first, then opinion. See if it matches up.

2 Likes

Thinking slower has it’s benefits… My slow down of speech comes from delusions and hallucinations.

I suggest you do what Raven recommended and try to form an opinion after you researched a considerable amount of time.

1 Like

I’ve always been slow to form opinions, but once I form one I’m strong in advancing it. I’ve always had a strongly skeptical attitude towards most things. I follow the ancient skeptic’s dictum, “Nothing is certain, not even that.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.