Oops that Hurt!

So have an infected cyst on my back and been on the old antibiotics. Bit of a pain and all sorting out that every 6 hours or so and not eating etc for a certain amount of time. Anyways it totally got me out of my routine with my psych meds.

Had a horrible night. Only 3 hours sleep and just couldn’t get going this morning. Took a while of feeling like shite to realize I’d missed my morning meds yesterday as well! Like was having a horrible morning and I guess I just forgot dealing with the other meds. Back on the wagon thank gawd but it just shows me that missing my antidepressant in the morning really does make my life hell…

If i miss the antipsychotic at night it’s no drama but boy did missing a couple of doses of effexor really did hurt!

8 Likes

I remember coming off Effexor, I got really bad brain zaps. Felt like a spark flashing inside my head.

Glad you’re feeling better!

3 Likes

I’m happy you’re back on track and feeling better mate!

I know I have a Hell of a day if I don’t take my citalopram in the morning.

Take care. Jimmy gives ya a smootch. :wink:

2 Likes

When I miss taking my antidepressant I get brain zaps. It sucks

2 Likes

I hope you feel better soon @rogueone

2 Likes

Thanks peeps. You’d think you learn these things but just a little change of routine stuffed me up. Feeling a lot better now with some effexor in my system. Thanks for your kind words!

3 Likes

I never knew what to call those: brain zap it is. Thanks!

Hope your feeling better, rogueone!

3 Likes

wishing you a speedy recovery from the cyst. :bouquet:

I have had a cyst before they can be very annoying and painful so I feel for ya

2 Likes

Just the other day I felt the old temptation to skip meds. Thank goodness I didn’t try anything. What tempted me was the idea that I’m really numbing myself by taking them. Which is true to an extent. But much more severe would be allowing the start of a psychosis.

2 Likes

Missing a dose of Effexor is not fun. I know how it was as I had been on Effexor before. Hope you recover soon from the cyst.

2 Likes

When I miss fluoxetine I feel it right away the next morning. Glad you got yourself caught back up.

:+1:

Edit. Also feel the brain zaps while trying to fall asleep. Good thing I stay off the sauce or it can be worse.

1 Like

taking meds got harder for me esp when i was unwell, I just completely forgot even after all of these years without a pill box, idk why i dont want a pill box, i think i’d feel more of an invalid if i had one, meds are a bad master :frowning: but a good servant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.