Only positive symptoms, no negative symptoms?

Never been hospitalised.I am seeing a doctor in outpatient setting.I could have just visited a clinic inside my country but my family insist that hospital and that doctor is better.

I have never cause trouble to myself or other.The worse situation I faced off meds is the night where I couldn’t sleep,but will be sleeping if I didn’t sleep well for two days

Ask your pdr why you’re taking meds if you never had any hallucinations or delusions.

2 Likes

I took meds for the wrong reason to be started with,I visited a doctor when I was 18 and the doctor convinced my aunty that I have schizo,he told my aunty while I was told to wait outside.The psychiatrist told my family I had schizophrenia but he told my family to keep it front me.

I haven been on them for 8 years,minus 3 times of two year where I got off meds.I still couldn’t convince myself to stay on them because I didn’t really see any benefit beside making me more tired.Not against people taking them because I never knew what happen to them before they took meds,but I think I’ll do better off them

1 Like

What happened when you stopped meds and for how long you stopped meds?

1 Like

I stopped once for three month,once for over six month.My longest was once for a year plus which is the most recent one.I started dating people regularly and do my best when I stopped meds.If I take them,I don’t feel like doing anything positive productive ,I don’t know the reason

I met my wife off meds,after we dated for a year,I went back on meds consistently,which I will face difficulty getting off them one again.

I took fish oil,melatonin as a replacement for antipsychotic as I had been on meds for so many years…my brain need time to adjust to its natural system again.The supplement could help,or maybe just placebo effect

1 Like

I had only positive symptoms for a few years then it transitioned into more negative symptoms

1 Like

I have had no negative symptoms during ten years after hospitalization. Since then they gradually increased in a way they became very disabling : avolition, clinophilia, carelessness…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.