Only one that checks on people

I’m tired of being the only one who checks on people… I think I posted this before. I always text/message people first🤷‍♀️ Nobody hits me up being like “hey how are you doing” I know people have their own lives but still…

9 Likes

Story of my life !!!

3 Likes

It’s the same way for me. If I didn’t make the effort, I would probably never talk to my family. I get the odd phone call, but for the most part it’s me that has to initiate it

3 Likes

I don’t have any friends.

2 Likes

ghost 'em 151515

3 Likes

same, it is odd because all of the people im checking on are far more social than me, but it seems the only way anyone will talk to me is if i initiate conversation by checking on them

4 Likes

Ah… but then I will have NOBODY😨

3 Likes

When I stopped messaging my friends, that was the end

4 Likes

It won’t take them long before they realize you haven’t called, then they’ll get to worrying and call you.

3 Likes

Well it’s not like my friends and I actually call each other and talk on the phone… I think social media has also made it easier cause you can just see the person posting stuff and be like “oh they’re fine”

3 Likes

I never check up on people.

2 Likes

I had 3 friends in 3 different countries and stopped messaging 1. Never heard from him in over 18 months now. So now I have 2 friends.

2 Likes

I usually check on my brother first.
He rarely texts or calls me first to see how I’m doing.

2 Likes

Do you talk to your baby ? It’s probably none of my business. I’m shy to talk to people sometimes. Hugs

2 Likes

Haha umm… I don’t talk to my baby yet

I think it’s still too soon for it to recognize my voice, I forget which week that starts

4 Likes

That’s going to be neat.

3 Likes

This is kind of similar for me… I reach out every now and then. It used to bother me a lot especially when I moved here, but it doesn’t anymore. we all have stuff going on. I try to reach out on like bdays and like posts etc…

3 Likes

I have the same issue, I know it sucks. If Im lucky Ill get a text here and there asking me whats up, but it`s usually me makes the first move.

1 Like

I do have a few friends, one calls me everyday but I dont really like them. I miss my presz friends and those ignore me on fb bcz most of them saw me act crazy when I was deep in psychosis. We went camping far in the woods and I went catatonic, freezing and saying nonsense. My friends were scared and at the end one of them put me at the back of his car and drove me home.

2 Likes

I think it’s hard for us, because we have all this time on her hands, where they have no time to spare. It’s nothing personal

2 Likes