Online (Multiplayer) Games and Schizophrenia

The first multiplayer game I played was Duke Nukem in the late 90s. I got quite good at it, but it was before cable modems, it just used the phone line and ping times weren’t great. What was great was the quarterly phone bill hundreds of pounds… but it was worth it… maybe. :cold_sweat:

1 Like
1 Like

I can’t even form connections online because of crippling social anxiety. Yeah, it’s gotten so bad that I can’t even connect with ordinary people online. Many of them work and don’t understand why I’m on all the time, then when I consider explaining I go through the expected and common responses, and I get into an argument of sorts with myself.

It’s not like it matters, these relationships are as mercurial and meaningless as they are anonymous (Unless somebody doxes you, which I have been subject to. Hell I’ve probably put out enough information that it qualifies as doxing myself.) But I used to experience good friendships online and it’s been a long time since that’s been the case. Most people I meet online or otherwise tend to avoid/dislike me. It would be nice to be a part of something, but negative symptoms tend to get in the way of meaningful activities with these people.

EDIT: More on topic, I’m not very good at video games. I was better when I was younger, and playing mario and all that. Those games tended to push your limits, whereas games these days default to a lower skill level, which works perfectly with my degeneration over time. I’m not saying there are no challenging games these days or that I’m at all good, just that they cast a wider net these days whereas when I was younger video games tended to target a niche audience.

2 Likes

You know when you go off on a tangent and write a lot only to remember that you left what you originally wanted to say unfinished? I cleaned my fridge yesterday but didn’t clean the small compartments on the inside of the door. I hate having to empty everything. It was almost clean anyway. And besides, no ones going to notice. There’s stuff in there that blocks the view. Anyway. Have a nice day. I enjoyed your post.

1 Like

Yeah… I kinda rambled but I was mostly on topic :stuck_out_tongue: There was just one more thing I wanted to say, that’s all.

2 Likes

weird, maybe it’s experience but i’ve been better at playing CSgo with meds than without them

2 Likes

I just bought Counter-Strike Complete on Steam. I will play all CS games. This game is cancer and you can’t stop playing.

1 Like

Sz is even more cancerous, it made me stop playing, holy cow… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I hate this game. Only pro players and cheaters in this game. You can’t win Competitive Match or even Deathmatch. I throw 25 EUR away for this game.

I’ve played mp shooters for the last year straight, but am only average at best.

The meds can slow down your response time in a shooter, so mmos like World of Warcraft if you can pay the subscription, or other games like it, are easier to play when you want that social itch.

Games are how I get by. I’m a gamer and they keep me in a better mood and less symptomatic than if I had no hobbies. Just a piece of advice I learned the hard way, depending on what you play, you might have to adjust the ingame voices.

Games like Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 really REALLY bother me when I’m having a symptom spike. GW2 bothers me so much I only play it when I’m doing super well. Not sure about shooters because I don’t play many, and I don’t play any online shooters.

Have fun :slight_smile: Good to see a fellow gamer on here. Also one last thing, if a sound in a game is triggering you, put the game down for the night and play something else, if possible. I learned that the hard way too, trying to play a game regardless of triggers just makes me freak out and hear all kinds of extra voices which are usually just murmurs, but get super loud when a game triggers me.

2 Likes

I should try Counter-Strike 1.6 or Source maybe later. Too many cheaters in CS:GO.

I don’t like CS:GO either because sucks. 1.6 and Source it’s way better.

I have been playing Conan Exiles online. It actually plays well on my potato pc on lowest laptop mode settings. I never would’ve expected that of a newish game. It’s a fun survival based game, with a focus on online servers.

1 Like

I tried Counter-Strike 1.6 and it’s harder then CS:GO.

1 Like

Add me on Steam!! handle: Revel

1 Like

I recently stumbled onto PUBG, been playing it on my phone non-stop.

1 Like

For me I decided to quit gaming. It is too much stress for me. And if I can not stand playing with other people only anymore I got no reason to play at all.

There are urges and cravings. I get better in going through them. So I must be addicted to games. Since I am waiting for the summer to start some Skateboarding again after four years of a break and 55 Kg more bodyweight.

1 Like

I like only CS:GO of CS games. 1.6 and Source it’s too old. How to be better with AK-47/M4 spray? Pro players always spraying.

1 Like

Play 10 hours a day for some months and you’ll understand the recoil…

1 Like