Online dating questions?

What is the all fire rush to meeting in person? I always had the impression that online dating was that you would carry on like pen pals for awhile and get to know one another. I don’t know if it’s luck or something about the way I’m presenting myself but every guy I talk to wants to meet up. Is this a sex thing? Because I don’t want to have sex in the least. And the way I look doesn’t exactly scream sex pot so I don’t get it. Why do people get in a rush to take it offline? Maybe it makes more real, more valid, more like a “real” relationship. I don’t know. Do people look down on online relationships? Like they take it less seriously?

3 Likes

I think it’s because of the bots and catfish stuff that goes on in most accounts. I’ve had luck dating online in terms of sex but that’s all, it’s a numbers game but in terms of real connection I think the best way is by meeting someone through a mutual friend. As far as online dating from a male perspective it’s truly amazing how many gay guys posing as women there are. Not that there’s anything wrong with being gay, but I think that contributes to the rush to meet irl (or just people being inauthentic online, not that you do that but it’s common). I think spending time in public spaces with friends is a safer way to date, coffee shops, open mics, music shows, art galleries, gatherings. If you have artist friends they’re generally happy to see you at events and want to introduce you to others so you return as audience, and artists or musicians are generally easy to meet because they promote themselves. I am going to go to my friends comedy event and complement a performer, they will invite me to their next show, I go, meet others, etc. at least that’s the plan if I can get over the first hurdle of social.

Edit. I like the pen pals idea too idk it’s hard to date that way for most people because of trust issues and time constraints. Particularly normies, I was long distance dating a girl and I think she met someone in real life and promptly dropped me.

2 Likes

So my experience with online dating previously before meeting my partner wasn’t the greatest. I’d talk to someone for a day or two and then they’d want to meet up. A lot the times it would get uncomfortable because they would start talking about “it” before even meeting. At this point I would just cut the convo. Sometimes though I’d meet them and it got uncomfortable quickly. I tried my best to like sex but it just wasn’t working.

I talked to my partner a good two months before meeting him. He wasn’t ready. I had to ask him. I mean two months is a long time… but it seems to be working as we’ve been together two years. He does like to talk his time over things like moving out with me omg please hurry up already but he respects me and it just feels right.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Gotcha. So they think I’m not a real girl? They think I’m a bot or a gay man? I see. Now here I am thinking of it from my point of view, can I trust him? is he a perv? is he out for sex? and I didn’t stop to think of it for him and his insecurities. So thanks for the perspective. I understand now a little better.

1 Like

I’m so happy you found someone right for you. That’s great. You seem really happy together.

1 Like

All I’m saying is these things take time. If you’re not comfortable with something then don’t force it and be yourself. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. You will find someone who likes you for you. It will happen … patience :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The test of the empire is the mathematical cross, the four corners of the earth, if you are truly good you will forgo it and become just another human being, with no ambition other than to serve.

Hello @Gagis how are you today?

There is no sacrifice in serving, the word comes from sacred, it is a right of exchange between dimensions, for healing and ritual, the here after is for you to choose, ego and recordings, has it not always been this way; pork tastes of human flesh.

Did you sleep last night?

I am obsessed with the empire and its machinations, for me it is a test in time, Hera knows best,

I’m sorry to tell you this but I think you need to see your pdoc, you’re talking jibberish, and it’s getting worse by the day.

I normally ask pretty early on for a date. You don’t really get to know someone online. I would prefer the getting to know someone bit to be person to person. Some people can act a little fake online as well.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try not to be so scared of it then.

1 Like

If you are scared of the sex thing then just pick sensible places to go on dates, and if he is being pushy on you then you can always call it off.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly right. Tomorrow I’m meeting someone at a Starbucks. I only have an hour before I have to leave for an appointment. So I think it will be perfect. I just wondered why he wanted to meet so soon. But this thread really answered that for me. So thank you.

1 Like

You’re natural beauty. You’re interesting. You’re kind. You’re smart.

Any man would be lucky to meet you. You’re refreshing.

3 Likes

What a lovely thing to say, Thank you.

2 Likes

It’s all true, hon. If you were a guy, I’d try to date you lol. :wink:

2 Likes

lol :rofl: