One thing you wish was taught to you when you were young

For me its meditation and mindfulness.

3 Likes

Yes man i just started doing oshos meditation a couple of week ago …

But due to lockdown i couldnt go out…

If a person Suffers from mental illness and he is able to mediate It will definetly helps him a lot…

Meditation is life …

2 Likes

I wish I had learned more about schizophrenia in general before I got sick.

2 Likes

Communication about the things that scare me. It would’ve prevented a lot I think if I had the vocabulary and trust to tell an adult about some of the things I experienced as a kid.

The lack of this skill just lead to me being unable to share my fears with anyone. I’m not able to be talked down because there’s no except me to do it. I wish I’d been taught or at least that the teaching I did get would have been more in depth.

To the parents out there that think their kids “know they can talk to you” remind them frequently of this fact. Not all of us know that. Not all of us remember when it’s time.

3 Likes

Sign language. I am hard of hearing and could really use it, but it’s really hard to learn a new language. I tried to take it as a foreign language in college and they told me it didn’t count toward the foreign language credits because it’s still English. Total ■■■■■■■■. I think a lot of places have changed that now, though.

3 Likes

I agree. I have people coming into my work that I would much better be able to help if I could sign.

BS on your school for not counting it. You’re still conveying thoughts by using a separate system. By their logic any other language is still English.

2 Likes

I really wish my parents had told me that just because someone is older than you, doesn’t mean they are smarter than you.

I spent a good chunk of my youth respecting and admiring idiots…until I finally shook it off and became an individual with my own thoughts and ideas.

5 Likes

That I was loved.

3 Likes

Trigonometry, calculus and physics. Or rather, I wish I hadn’t always shied away from them. But I was handicapped mentally in high school because I was so very bulimic.

2 Likes

me too on that one @leafy

2 Likes

How to dance, either ballet or tap or both.

1 Like

Brushing my teeth…

1 Like

Medicine. I wanted to get in medicine and I was close until my SZ killed my dreams. I have a physio degree with high GPA and can’t work at any job.

1 Like

I learned very little growing up. Probably my parents fault actually… My dad left us and my mom remarried, but I didnt like her husband. Both of them worked full time and I kind of got left behind. So I ended up selling and using drugs, dropping out of high school, etc.

I guess I wish I had learned LESSONS growing up. Maybe a little about t he world I lived in…

Kind of a sad story actually. Or am I just being a Baby about things?

1 Like

Setting boundaries like what? What do you mean?

1 Like

If other people cross my boundaries…e.g. sexually, or because they are being domineering or aggressive, or do things to me i dont like…it is okay to assertively express my boundaries.

2 Likes

I wish I had learned different languages. I think I could help others so much if I could translate, and I think I’d like it. I love working with (most) people.

1 Like

My dad is a carpenter. I wish he had taught me his trade, or at least some things.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.