Schizophrenia.com

One thing that Really Bugs me

Meds don’t always help that much. But sometimes I’ll get a thought that really fits and is really insightful. I prayed for a long time and some of my delusions subsided. Then one day the voices taught me to sniff. But that is my main defense against being overwhelmed by voices and stuff. My escape route. I can’t really work but I have a half way normal life because of it. What’s yours?

1 Like

Sniff? What do you mean your voices taught you to sniff?

Meds aren’t the cure. They’re an aid that’s meant to guide you on a path which makes your life stable.

1 Like

There are certain sets of sniffs that make my life calm down and communicate something…

2 Likes

I found your thread!

I likewise pray. I hallucinate much less frequently now. At times my delusions and anxiety lessen. More often the Lord provides me the strength or grace to endure them - a friend shows me reality, I fall asleep, I receive support from the forum.

Meds help some. Community helps most.

2 Likes

What is sniffing other than audibly drawing in air through the nose?

so…are you taking your meds @gobeyond ? I hope so…you don’t sound well at all.

1 Like

It closes door and the oxygen stimulates strength I think and it satisfies the voice who is not real but demanding it.

Thanks but don’t worry I am fine. Even when I was high it just is peaceful and order. I am taking my meds . Its kind of a miracle that it works! YES?

yes indeed…I am glad you are taking your meds…it is vital to feeling sane.

2 Likes

Yes strength to endure and enough of all the human needs to keep going.

1 Like

I’m glad prayer helped you. It has helped me through a lot. But it doesn’t make the men go away. It doesn’t stop a lot for me. But I do it all the time anyway just in case.

1 Like

maybe you need to be fed, like the sheep? @Pianogal

@gobeyond please be careful, sometimes this religious talk is triggering. I lived in a delusional world that was a mix of grandiose, religious, persecutory, and somatic delusions, and talking about religion did me no favors. I’m not trying to be a bi tch, just please be careful who you discuss these things with.

All i need to do is taking my meds. Straight forward easy and simple. I refuse my meds often and took me always back to square one. Now i am out of the mental health system. I get treated by a general practitioner and have a psycholgy appointment once in a while.

1 Like

Do you have something that gets you over the hump and in the groove? Any body? Activities, mannerisms, that stop you from going faraway?