One, But We're Not The Same

one life with each other, sisters, brothers
one life but we are not the same,
we get to carry each other,
hurry each other,
ONE,
I want you more than myself, more than politics, more than religion, more family or friends, I want you alone with me, yourself, our community, together. Lost and Found. Druged and Sober. High and Low. Communicating with each other. ONE!

4 Likes

This is one of my favourite songs by U2’s.

1 Like

My favorite song from U2 is : October, from the album of the same name sake.

1 Like

sezbot241:
When I was a kid in about 1983 or '84 I was digging in a trash can at a car wash and found a mix tape. On one side was written ‘October’ and on the other side, was written ‘Ghost in The Machine’. I listened to both sides of the tape when I got home. Instantly, recognized the ‘Ghost in the Machine’ side of the tape as Sting and ‘The Police’ a band I already liked. The ‘October’ side of the tape deeply effected me. It was the first time I heard rock that gave me the same experience as listening to John Williams movie sound tracks, where I would have visions and see. While listening to ‘October’ I knew there were 4 members in the band, though I didn’t know who the band was. I also saw them on stage in a place where I had been in my dreams, in a desert like area, with large boulders. There were two dark haired members and two blond hair members. I saw them in a vision while listening. I could never find out for the longest time who the band was. I played that tape until it wore out.

Then one day about a year or two later, I was at a friends house, he had MTV playing in the background and I heard this band come on, I went to the television set and looked and it was the band I had seen in a vision a year or two earlier and they were playing where I had seen them in the vision, The video was Live At Red Rocks and was 'New Years Day" I turned to my friend excited and said, “Who are these guys, Is it ‘October’?” He said, “No, that’s U2.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.