On vacation until Monday, July 16

Hi folks,

I am on vacation until next week and am traveling and just keeping busy. I may or may not be around, but I likely am not responding to PMs or, if I do, it could be a day or more late. Please PM @Ninjastar @Moonbeam or @Bowens if you need a moderator.

Cheers.

v.

15 Likes

Bring me back a souvenir.
:grin:

1 Like

The 16th is Tuesday. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Hey forum members… one less mod… LET’S PARTY!!! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

I cannot guarantee my presence as consistantly as usual either. Not going to make a separate thread to announce it, but have things going on that may keep me away.

Like Voithos, I may or may not be around as much.

2 Likes

@Bowens - With you maybe not being here as much and @voithos taking lots of breaks (nothing wrong with that) maybe its time to add some more mods? I dont want this forum to end.

1 Like

I hope everything is okay. :frog::frog::frog:

1 Like

I dont know if I will be absent or not. Depends how things go. I guess I might as well go ahead and say that I have been struggling with some symptoms. I think I have a handle on it, but I’m not sure if I might need to stay away a bit.

Will see.

2 Likes

I think adding a couple more mods might be a good idea. There’s too much work here for just a few mods.

3 Likes

The problem I see with that is that if we add mods without mods leaving we are going to end up with like 6 mods if/when the others return. We cant just add mods and then kick them out when others become more active.

I cant say that atm I dont feel like stepping down, though. Even though, I think I can handle the symptoms and maybe eliminate them again completely, I also am still having a bit of memory issues and nightmares and poor sleep. I have no idea if it has to do with the trazodone I quit or if its something else.

But this could all change tomorrow, so I dont know. I probably shouldnt have even posted about it until I am sure.

2 Likes

You’re human @Bowens . It’s ok and normal to be imperfect.

I hope you feel better soon

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo

1 Like

It takes a special breed to be a moderator here. It’s not an easy job and it helps to have some intelligence and some compassion. Not everyone would be a suitable mod here and it takes a lot of work. You have to read most posts. You have to be on top of threads…

It’s not easy finding mods who are suitable or available and willing to do it.

1 Like

I will be absent minded more than usual on the forum. :smile:

3 Likes

Now they tell me.

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I will compensate for your absence with my presence… of spirit.

Edit I actually translated from French “présence d’esprit” but the idiom might be different in English(?)