On this board vs real life?

This is the only forum I actually write on.
I rarely ever talk with people in real life, so it’s actually nice to talk on here.

4 Likes

I talk about myself a lot on here. I don’t even talk about myself in real life. I ask people a lot about how they are doing and for some reason people really open up to me. I love to listen and hopefully help people if I can. Also I’m fascinated by how normal people go about things, it gives me ideas on how to go about things in my life then I can fit in better which makes it easier to be in public.

2 Likes

Welcome @1Dave!
You’ll do fine here.

3 Likes

Yes. I’m not nearly as communicative in person. I have a lot of social anxiety, so I drift away from the people I talk to in person.

1 Like

The match of the century!! In thus cornar we have the one, the only, making babies cry since the dawn of animals, it’s reeeeeeaaaal life!!!

In the orthar cornar we have the hometown favorite, the people’s champion, the forum for alllll of those with a past or current psychotic illness, this board, forum dot schizophreniaaa doot coooommmm!!!

Who will win in this compition of two great contenders? Stay tuned to find out!!

5 Likes

I’d say that I am different when posting on this forum than I am in real life. Communicating through text doesn’t show the whole picture of a person as people communicate 90% by their body language.

4 Likes

92% tone and body language

8% what you say

there is a little tone

but ZERO body language

see I just used tone by capitalizing “ZERO” :wink:

and smileys add some tone to your post :yum:

5 Likes

100% power of will

3 Likes

Thing is we are all in quote real life, as we type here.
Or I am fake just as the form of communication is not face to face?

Question is more how do you act in different places and formats. Or offline vs online.

Just like the user on irc that told me I was a fake person as I do not have a Facebook page, as only “real people” have a Facebook.

2 Likes

@Vileyana Facebook does use a person’s real last name and first name but on this forum we all use pseudonyms to hide our true self.

Psuedopeople we are

1 Like

We have our real names in our screen name :smile:

Oh…oh nooooo

Jk

4 Likes

Not all users have their real name in their screen name. Some do, some don’t.

2 Likes

Yeah I was talking directly to @anon1571434!

2 Likes

Some live, some die
in the way of the samurai

3 Likes

I cannot find friends in the real life. People don’t like me, especially girls.

But I have 5 girl penpals who are really good friends and who like me a lot.

Why am I so interesting when people talk to me on the web or by emails while people are not interested in me at all in the real life?! This is certainly not because I’m not good looking.

This is weird.

2 Likes

What you see is what you get baby. :sunglasses:

Or maybe not but I think that I behave the same. I’m more open about sz here than in real life for obvious reasons.

Because of your picture I’ve always thought of you as a walking talking panther.

5 Likes

Yes but a very silly one!

1 Like