On the road to a diagnosis

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I’m not sure what I’m expecting out of a forum, but I’ve been feeling kind of alone lately.

So I’m 26 - and in a nutshell I have been hallucinating and having problems with reality for the past 4 years. I’ve only recently sought out psychiatric help and I have a tentative diagnosis of schizophrenia. I don’t know how to feel about this.

I’m taking zyprexa, Zoloft, and Buspar. I’ve been having some suicidal thoughts lately so the Zoloft is a new addition. I have been taking the other two for less than 3 months now. Things have gotten better, but I still hallucinate often. But I can tell what’s a hallucination- so I’m guessing that means I’m getting better?

So basically I’m looking for other people’s experiences with Zoloft. Or any medication really.

And I’m hoping that knowing there’s a community will help me not feel so alone. Any experiences you have with this diagnosis, or the process of getting better, would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a very positive sign. Sounds like you are on the right track with excellent potential for recovery.

Welcome to the community!

:blush:

This site can be very helpful with what you are going through. Stick around.

Let your doctor know your getting ideation. Might be beneficial to switch to another antidepressant. Plenty of options these days and it can be a bit hit or miss as it’s hard to know what works for individuals.

Thanks for the kind welcones. I will definitely bring up my new idea ideation to my psych when I see him again.

It’s been two weeks since starting Zoloft and I’m starting to feel more normal again. I’m taking this as a positive.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.