Omega 3, 6 and 9 trial

I’ll be trying an omega 3,6 and 9 trial starting today, alongside already working aripiprazole.

I’ll update with my findings.

5 Likes

Yes update…!!!

1 Like

Shouldn’t everyone be on a fish oil?

I am vegan/vegetarian so no fish.

Day one: Voices at an all time high whilst on medication. Ah well, such is life.

1 Like

Day two: Voices were calmed down somewhat compared to day 1, feel overly lethargic on the beginning of day three, could be due to upping of an SSRI.

1 Like

Fish and fish (or squid) oils are typically recommended as the best source for omega-3s, but obviously this will be off the table-literally-for you. There are plant sources of omega-3s, including flaxseed and walnuts; however, when you consume omega-3s in plants, they enter the body in the form of alpha-linoleic acid, or ALA. Your body then has to convert ALA to the more useable omega-3s, DHA and EPA. That’s fine so long as your body is 100 percent efficient at the conversion, but few of us are that lucky. It would take almost 30 grams of ALA to make 0.1 gram of DHA. The conversion of ALA to EPA is only slightly better.

That leaves one last option: omega-3 supplements derived from algae. If you ever wondered why fish are so high in omega-3s, well, it’s because they eat algae. More and more of these products are hitting the market, so finding one you like shouldn’t be too difficult.

Flaxseed (linseed) oil mainly. I’'m using a supplement at a ratio of 2:1:1 3-6-9, 400mg:200mg:200mg, plus whatever food I eat. Walnuts have more 6 than 3 by a long way, and they are shaped like brains!

Are they the next jump in evolution?

I am sure that in 2000 years, two identical people taking opposite ratios of 3-6 scaled dramatically, would be evolutionary very different, if still alive.

Day three: not much notable effect, normal day, a bit tired.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.