Older people need to stay hydrated – here's how

1 Like

I agree, but I believe ALL people need to be hydrated and not just oldsters.

1 Like

Hello @Fanny_Longbottom, why are you so offensive. Oldsters are also people, and they also deserve to live.

Knock it off @Fanny_Longbottom

I can not see Qwerty’s posts because I’ve set things up not to see them . I can guess it’s something derogatory directed at me though . He/she has a problem with me , that in all probability reflects him/her not being in a good place mentally . We can only hope that he/she gets into a healthier state of mind asap.

7 Likes

I reopened this, but any more insults and I will be not so nice tonight.

I heard about this a long time ago, they did a news story on the subject. Drinking water is good at any age I suppose

1 Like

A lot of it has to do with interoception . From 2009-

My elderly Father has a hard time drinking enough water because he dislikes the taste, so now he drinks lemon water or sparkling water.

I get 1-2 1.5 litre bottles of flavoured still water a week . When it comes to water from the tap I prefer it as cool as possible. The water dispenser in the fridge is good for that .

1 Like

I try to drink up to five 16.9 oz bottles of spring water a day.
Sometimes I fall short.

It takes me a couple of days to drink a 1.5 litre bottle .

1 Like

Most weeks I’ll get 2 flavoured water;2 smoothies; 1 V8; 3-5X8 coffee sachets and 1-2 x8 iced coffee sachets . I’ll also have some cafetière coffee from time to time, but haven’t bought any for about 8-10 weeks .

1 Like

Maybe I’m a weirdo, but thought the post that got flagged was funny. It was too silly for most people to take as offensive. But I’m not on this forum enough to know about all the ■■■■ that goes down between members.