Olanzapine 30 mg at night

Any one still sleepy in the morning after taking it at night? I find myself sleeping 14 hours or more.

2 Likes

No, I take 60mgs and I have no problem

1 Like

It might get better with time? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Yeah. I take only 10mgs and I used to sleep 12 or so hours a day. I increased exercise and got some great results. Just started with a fitbit tracker and ticked off 10,000 steps a day. My sleeping got so much better and now I probably sleep 8 hours tops a couple of times a week.

Sometimes I might have a nap but being organised helps. I get up early. 5am. I don’t work but having a structured day helps. Set an alarm and get up same time everyday. Take your meds same time every day. You’ll be surprised that it can make a diffference!

3 Likes

If your not happy with this like I wasn’t, you can switch meds. Haldol, Latuda, Abilify and Amisulpride didn’t make me feel like I did on Olanzapine.

1 Like

max dose approved for sz is 20mg

1 Like

You’ll find people go over max dose around here and it’s not unusual.

Back when I was diagnosed it was like 8mgs max for risperdal. Knew some people through here who’d do way more than that.

Usually it’s about symptoms vs side effects. You’ll find side effects increase with dose but we are all different.

Nothing surprises me about what people do to get some resemblance of stability!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice man I think it would help me to get some exercise in my schedule. Get a routine so thankfully after feb I will start school and my scholarship for the gym will come in so I can be more active.

1 Like

Update turns out I been taking trazadone and melatonin with the Olanzapine which explains the 13+ hour sleeping so my dr took me off melatonin and trazadone and yesterday was my first day and I slept for 8 hours.

Trazodone made me so sleepy! I didn’t take it every night though. I was on a starter dose 20mg olanzapine every night. I slept away most of 2018 because I was taking 20mg in the AM 20mg in PM. Then 4mg trilafon 3x a day, I can’t remember the dose of vistaril 3x a day but I do know the total was over 30mg bc that’s what I started off as, and they increased that, klonopin. And they expected me to be compliant?!

2 Likes

Wow they really wanted you to be sedated.

Yea it was rough…

1 Like

Are things better?

Giving it time now that I’m off all those the past couple of months. They didn’t work to begin with, but when I started the new ones I felt like I can clean, and do house things. Have more energy

2 Likes

Thats awesome to hear.

1 Like