Ok you guys I really want cake

tell me why that’s a bad idea

2 Likes

or a candybar, or even a donut

I can’t tell you it’s a bad idea. I’m kinda sorta eating frozen Reese’s right now. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

omg that’s sounds goods

Oh it is. You should join me.
I’m playing the devil’s advocate here. :wink:

1 Like

Coincidence?

Don’t mind me, I’m just blathering.

1 Like

Well? Did you cave in? Join me on the dark side!

Sugar does all kinds of crazy things to your body. Don’t do it. What about a slice of toast with a bit of jam? Or a banana and peanut butter? Or make yourself a fancy coffee or chai without a ton of sweetener?

1 Like

I’ll make one for you. I have all the ingredients.

What does it do?

Lol that was my db reaction.

Moderate levels are fine, but living in the states there’s sugar in pretty much everything.
Here’s a random image I find that explains a little.

1 Like

Thanks led. Hugs

1 Like

Life without sugar sounds miserable. Same thing for being vegetarian. I don’t care how healthy I am, if I can’t eat meat or have some white chocolate once in awhile I’d be very sad. None of the pro-health anti-sugar anti-meat people ever address the fact that good tasting food is one of the major high points in life and taking that away from someone makes their life feel that much emptier.

Moderation is probably the best idea.

3 Likes

23rjsw

2 Likes

lol theres never a bad time for cake: birthday cake, wedding cake, christmas cake, an “im sorry” cake". Cake for all ocassions…cant wait til my cake day :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll split an imaginary chocolate eclair with you. Damn that was great and it didn’t raise my a1c. I’ll then split an imaginary twix bar with @Happy_H.

4 Likes

Hey chocolate éclair is my favorite food

2 Likes

I like german chocolate cake with a side of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

2 Likes

I totally hear you @Leaf, I’m a big sweet tooth, I love my cakes and biscuits and chocolate. And I love to bake.

But I’m petrified of the side effects of my anti-psychotics…obesity, diabetes and high cholesterol. Lurasidone has put my cholesterol up, for the first time in my life, it’s gone against my genetic predisposition of low cholesterol. So I’m always trying to cut down on highly refined white sugar… sometimes I succeed, sometimes I’m wolfing down Cadburys for breakfast.

I try to find healthy baking recipes that have no highly refined white sugar or highly refined white flour. Try to have a piece of fruit, or dried fruit like sultanas, that’s got lots of fructose but lots of fibre and vitamins and minerals too, good nutrients.

2 Likes