"Oh, you're not sick."

When does anger become a sickness all it’s own?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

It is when anger is interfered with that it turns on itself. When fear is crushed, I get destructive.

That’s interesting, @wonderdunk. I’ve never heard that, but reading this made me realize something. I think that’s why I’m stalked by demons. My primary emotions seem to be those you listed. It would make sense that my mind would create demons to torment me as manifestations of my overwhelming emotions. Don’t know. That’s as far as my thinking goes, but I like that idea. Thanks for posting that :blush:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

The one that bothers me is temper. It’s bad enough so that it makes up for not having the other 3. lol,

1 Like

Sounds a lot like a Sufi spiritual practice in order to reach the tawhid

I like cinnamon :wink: I just think it’s fascinating what different cultures come up with to cope through our common struggles.
When you wrote about the manifestation of emotions as demons it really spoke to me. While I don’t think I’ll be using fox tails (just weeded my yard of those last week) or cinnamon, I think reversing that mythology and focusing on the anger and sorrow, etc, rather than the demons, will be helpful to me. I appreciate all of your insightful posts, @wonderdunk. I don’t have a mind like yours, but enjoy what I can of the concepts you share. :blush:

If I get very angry too quickly, there stands a monster in my place that makes the neighbors skin bump up and then they feel the need to call the police. Those that know the history understand the beast and leave it be.