Oh those delusions again

I am not having these delusions now but i had them yesterday

Tanaka are you on medication?

Yes, I am on medication. The same as you Abilify 5 mg. I used to be on Geodon, which is a pretty good drug, but I couldn’t handle the side effects.

what side effects did you have? I switched from abilify because of weight gain.

Geodon made my heart race. But don’t let that stop you because it is a good drug. Everybody’s body chemistry is different. I was batshit crazy before geodon.

I was a mess before Geodon! I just hope i dont gain more weight. I gained 50lbs on abilify…

Geodon hasn’t done anything for me, on Thursday I’m going to ask my psychiatrist to put me back on Risperidone, at a higher dose. I’ll just live with the side effects, Geodon is also too expensive for me.

I just had a major crisis episode and almost landed back in hospital on Geodon. It was just like having NO meds at all. All those old non-medicated rabid symptoms beat me up this past month. I saw my doctor today in fact and I am back on Seroquel and Latuda. Thank goodness. I take my old familiar dose first thing tomorrow. I welcome the stability.

Geodon is sooo expensive its nuts. It is actually working really well and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I just got over a really bad depression episode and it brought me out of it.

Oh thank goodness! I forgot to ask you how your appointment went, I’m really glad they have you back on your old meds. They seemed to be working well. I guess Geodon is just one of those tricky ones that either works great, or not at all.

I had that alot when I was a teen.

J,

I’m SO glad that you and your family worked together with your doctor to come up with a med regimine that will help you!

Stability is close now…just be patient.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Radmedtech
Thank you for that.
I’m not feeling back from the beyond just yet, but the panic is starting to let go. That right there is a huge help. Without so much panic, I can begin to think again.

How are things in Texas? Are you able to get out and about?

I’m sure you’re still feeling rough. But it’s going to get better very soon :slight_smile: Are you able to take some time off from work to recuperate? I hope you are…you need it right now.

I’m doing great here. I’ve been getting out a few times per day. I take the 2 mile walk, and then walk the perimeter of my apt complex a few times per day. I’m trying to build up my tolerance to being outside and around people. That’s something that I struggle with. It’s mainly paranoia, but the voices that come along with it are pretty intense. I need to get to the point where I can function without feeling that I’m in imenant danger.

We all have our struggles. But with the right support behind us, we can overcome. So thanks for your support!

Blessings,

Anthony

I’ve got enough sick leave from my longer shifts during summer so I’m off for the week. Next week is Thanksgiving and that’s more time off just for being with the city. I’m not trying anything too strenuous. The kid sis has been picking up the slack of chores and errens for a while anyway. Poor kid sis. This is not how a 17 year old usually spends their time. But she’s a rock star.

I’m glad to hear your getting out and starting light. A two mile walk is huge. Good for you. Fear and paranoia is a mean beast. I’m a little lucky that I’ve been able to ignore my voices over the years. When they first started shouting, I could barely think for the noise in my head. Are you walking with friends or alone? My kid sis thinks I should find a few friends to walk with once in a while when I’m up for it.

Sometimes when I was at my worst, I just suffered and went to work anyway.(not a good idea)
If it’s not too personal, are you still working as well, or are you taking some time to heal?

Glad you have some time off, and that your sis is there to help you out! When I’m out of commission, things just don’t get done lol. Like a few months ago, I wasn’t able to clean for almost a month. And I didn’t have anyone to do it for me. So everything just piled up. I wish I had some support like you do.

I find it amazing that you’re able to work. I’ve been on disability benefits for a few years now. My symptoms just got to a point where I couldn’t be around people anymore. Or really leave the house. I do really miss working and helping people. I try to find ways to help friends and family, so that my nursing skills and knowledge stay fresh and active. I worked too hard to let those go now.

So that’s pretty much the extent of my working capabilities. But I dream of a day where I can go back to school and get my masters in nursing. And I can become a psychiatric nurse practitioner.

I applaud you for being able to work while you manage your symptoms! It’s very impressive!

Blessings,

Anthony

I bet you’ll get back into nursing. You seem to have the passion for it. I was letting my head drift and I was wondering if you ever though about starting an informational web site as well. I’m sure you have also seen some of the “mis-informational” websites. You could be the site that helps counter act all the bad information?

The only reason why I’m able to work is that I mostly work in the field alone. I’m a gardner with parks dept. I get my list, go to the truck, go out, do my list of jobs, eat in a park, finish the day in a garden and go home. There are a few days where I work with others, but it’s not that often.

Starting an educational website is a great idea! I’d love to be able to do something like that. It would be an awesome outlet for helping people.

Thanks for the encouragement, J!

Blessings,

Anthony

You have so much knowledge and practical advice. I feel you live up to you screen name very well.

Thanks for staying in touch with me when I was starting to sink to other day. It was a huge help having a cool head on the web.

Thank you, bud! You have great insight and ideas yourself!

And I’m so glad that I could help you
:slight_smile: I’m here for you any time.

Blessings,

Anthony