Oh Sh*t I'm having withdrawals

I’m addicted to pain medicine and I ran out. I haven’t had any all day. I’m starting to have withdrawal symptoms, well, they’ve been getting worse all day. I feel just awful, everything hurts 10 times worse. I’m not going for help. I don’t take high doses so medically I’m safe. It’s just going to be long couple of days.

1 Like

Hang in there. Don’t do anything stressful.

1 Like

Have you had full withdrawal symptoms before?

They’re real bad, you may need to go to the hospital.

Or do the Thomas Method.

https://opiateaddictionsupport.com/the-thomas-recipe-for-opiate-withdrawal-does-it-really-work/

That must be terrible! I hope you feel better soon. It is no fun to go through withdrawals. :worried:

1 Like

Opioid withdrawal can be rough.
Don’t hesitate to get help if needed.

1 Like

Thank you, that will help a lot. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. My husband is grabbing me some Ativan right now.

1 Like

I’ve done Thomas method and its not easy,

But its doable.

Keep hydrated and go to the hospital if it gets too bad.

1 Like

Oh man, good luck. I came off my pain meds after being in high doses for 5 years and it was MISERABLE after 2 weeks in my own I ended up psychotic and in the hospital because it got so bad. Be careful. Don’t hesitate to get help if you feel you need it.

1 Like

It’s really weird but I’m getting the itch all over but not in a good way, my skin is crawling.

Withdrawals gave me a kind of restless leg but in my arms. It was terrible! That itch sounds like it sucks!

1 Like

restless arm? Do they kinda feel like electric clay?

Yep! They sure do!

1 Like

I have that in my shoulders, upper arms, neck and thighs. It’s weird. I don’t think this is going to mix well with sza. I think it’s going to complicate things. I hope the Ativan kicks in soon.

I used to get it especially when I was trying to go to sleep. It would keep me up and was like torture. I would take diazepam to try to relax the muscles, but it never did much for it.

1 Like

the Ativan seems to be helping

1 Like

I’ve got this weird sensation going up and down my spine, like a cross between pain and itching. I don’t fuc*ing like it a bit. God I’m nauseated. This Ativan is petering out already. I don’t think it’s strong enough.

can your pdoc give you something to wean you off gradually instead of barreling in there cold turkey? I’m worried you might get sick.

1 Like

my pdoc doesn’t know I’m addicted to pain meds and I don’t know what they could give me. Thank you for being worried about me. I don’t feel good. But I do adore you.

2 Likes

I’m addicted to pain meds and have found NA to be really helpful. On Friday I’ll have 30 days clean from all substances. Check it out when you’re feeling better. Good luck. :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Is NA a 12 step program, because I can’t do step 2, I think it’s step 2 - accept that there’s a higher power. That’s not for me.

Oh and congrats on the 30 days

1 Like