Odd question

Have you ever felt that your breaths aren’t going in properly?

Like for instance, you take a breathe and it goes straight into your brain and you get like a cold feeling in it.

Does that make any sense at all?

Can anyone relate?

Not for me. No breathing issues thankfully.

1 Like

Yes I think I know exactly what you’re talking about. I don’t know what causes it though.

1 Like

This has never happened to me

2 Likes

It feels like your nose opened itself up more than usual.

1 Like

@Sardonic How do you cope with it? It feels like anxiety but I’m not anxious at all.

I get scared because I think if I breathe too much or too hard that my brain will be damaged. Usually if I find something else to think about I stop noticing it.

1 Like

That’s exactly it. If I’m distracted I don’t think about it that much, but when I try to relax it’s hard.

Fortunately it’s never happened while I was trying to go to sleep or anything like that. It happens a lot in the car. Maybe it’s from too much wind or something. But I guess it could also be mental because I can feel it happening now a little bit from thinking about it. It’s really frustrating though.

1 Like

I get like that at bedtime … I try to focus on my breathing in 1,2,3…10 & out1,2,3…10

1 Like

Yeah, I do that at bedtime; it helps.

1 Like

I think that is because our mind is chill & idle and you know what they say about an idle mind …

1 Like

Are you drinking a slurppy or eating ice cream?

cold items can give an odd sensation like that.

1 Like

Are you breathing into your sinuses? That can give you a headache and a cold feeling right above and behind your eyes, especially if your sinuses are already tender or inflamed.

Try breathing using your stomach - let your stomach expand and suck air down into your lungs. That should help you keep the rush of air out of your sinuses.

1 Like

@anon12908646 no I’m not eating ice cream, although that’s what exactly how it feels like.

@Rhubot I’ll try doing that, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.