OCD problems with dirtiness

Hi,

I’ve really been having a problem today. I think I have OCD as well as Schizophrenia. Basically, I’ve been having a big problem with worrying about dirt and cleanliness.

A series of events happened that has made me really upset. I feel like some of my clothes got dirty while they were drying outside. Well, I put those clothes in the dryer with all my other clothes and now I feel like everything is dirty. I’m paranoid that all my clothes are now dirty and I have to wear them and the whole thing is making me feel awful and disgusted. I’m not sure what I will do.

I will probably wear my clothes but won’t put them in my drawers so then I won’t feel like my drawers are contaminated with the dirt. The dirt isn’t visible, but it makes my skin crawl. I feel like I’m going to contaminate everything around the house by wearing dirty clothes.

Anyone have any advice? There is no visible dirt on the clothes, but it’s the thought of dirtiness that makes me feel nasty. Everything that touches the clothes feels dirty to me.

Thanks,

SnowTiger

I never had this type of OCD, but I have been obsessive with the internet. You just have to try to convince yourself that it isn’t so. You have no evidence that the clothes have been tampered with, it’s just a idea that you have that you somehow have transformed to reality. Guess you just have to try to be concious about when your mind plays tricks on you.

You could try to supplement with NAC (N-acetyl-cysteine). It is said to be helpfull against OCD. There are usually no side effects. I have used it for about half a year and I think it helps me.

Re-wash your clothes. There’s no sense in torturing yourself over this for an entire week and you an I both know it’s not going away anytime soon. So before anything else get contaminated just rewash your clothes. Sorry it has to be this way from a fellow ocd sufferer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.