OCD ExRP vs IV Ketamine

My diagnoses include schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type and obsessive compulsive disorder. I’ve been given the opportunities to be treated by iv ketamine and ocd exposure and response prevention. However, because of the cost, our donor who is willing to pay for my treatment can only pay for one. The choice is not mine, but my donor’s.

What would you do?

I would definitely skip the Ketamine, but that’s just me.
It’s also used as a recreational drug to get high.

No thanks.

3 Likes

Have you tried lithium for bipolar depression?

1 Like

Thanks @Wave

@DNA
Yep. It didn’t affect my mood at all. I was still very low.

1 Like

I would go for the ERP…but that is just me, i prefer solving issues with therapy and the like rather than drugs - if possible.

I read some pretty good results were there with ketamine too, so i understand this is considered, but it only lasts for a week or two? After which you need a new iv? Or isnt that true?

1 Like

Have you ever tried rexulti?
It has just about killed off any depression for me.
Plus it controls all of my sza positive symptoms.

I use a stimulant for negative symptoms that works very well.

1 Like

Thanks @anon73478309. My psychiatrist has seen results that last longer. He considers it a reset for the brain. But a good outcome isn’t promised to me, and it could be ineffective.

@nfy
I haven’t tried rexulti, but I will consider it. Thanks!

1 Like

Ah really? I didnt know! In that case i would consider it. Look into it carefully though…

I just hope you find something that works for you! Good luck.

1 Like

From someone in the mental health industry on ketamine who was a recreational drug user. It’s pretty much something that makes you disassociate. Seems good for treatment resistant depression but with psychotics I wouldn’t be touching it but that is just me!

2 Likes

Thank you @anon73478309! Thank you @rogueone!

I’ve decided to wait on the Ketamine. I will try making other changes first. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.