Occupational therapist?

My pdr referred me to one. I am on the waiting list.
He says its the only way to help my negative symptoms…

Will it help?

1 Like

Sunlight and exercise should help.

1 Like

I feel handicapped socially but can get good grades in university. My degree is useless. I can’t even live on my own. I need my parents. The part of my brain responsible for social behavior and social intelligence is missing.

I am intellectually disabled socially.

I did OT, speech therapy, and a few other rehabilitation services following my TBI. I think it also helped me with my negative symptoms.

2 Likes

The thing is that nothing motivates me not even the easiest thing on earth, playing video games. I can’t play without my friend which is 30min every other day. I guess I was just designed to eat and sleep. They’re my only pleasures.

1 Like

I guess I am succcessful at eating and sleeping.

I hope you can get on a better med for you, soon. Have you tried Geodon before? I know it is available in Canada, and it is less sedating than others I have been on.

3 Likes

My pdr doesn’t want to change meds and says its not the meds. My only hope is Vraylar and its not out yet, not sure if it will be out by end of the year.

1 Like

An Occupational therapist could help.
How are you feeling with the virus symptoms?
@Aziz

4 Likes

I was coughing too much in the morning. Now less but its been 2 days that I can’t taste or smell. Sucks bcz my only pleasure is eating, good taste and good smell.

3 Likes

How are your parents doing?

1 Like

I think better but they’re still coughing moderately. Before was too much coughing.

2 Likes

Sounds like you guys are getting slowly better.

1 Like

I got better much faster than them. They were sick before me, 12 days ago. I became sick 5 days ago.

You know, before, I might agree with him. But I had a friend recently get a med change to something less sedating, and she’s like a whole different person now. I didn’t realize how much effect the meds can have before then, because I have never been on something that sedated me that much.

3 Likes

Ill wait for Vraylar but not sure if it will come out in Canada. First time I called Allergan they said it will be out by end of this year. Second time I called they said they have no information.

1 Like

Yeah look into Geodon.
It’s non sedating and for most weight neutral.

1 Like

Yeah Geodon has been amazing for me. In high doses it can be sedating, like anything else, but I take a low dose and do great.

1 Like

@ninjastar @Wave

Geodon (Ziprasidone) is like Latuda (Lurasidone), I wasn’t stable on Latuda. I wasn’t even stable on 20mg Zyprexa + Seroquel my pdr said. Zyprexa is apparently stronger than Geodon and Latuda. I will think about Geodon if Vraylar doesn’t come out by January.

1 Like