Obsessive thoughts about getting shot

I’ve been diagnosed with OCD by my family doctor. I can’t stop obsessing about myself getting shot in the head or in the heart. Im not a part of any gang nor do I have enemies, but it’s still possible. Maybe I need a bump up on Abilify? I’m currently taking 20. Mg a day

2 Likes

I hear you. I have kind of the same thing, but with being stabbed. :cow2::cow2::cow2:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, paranoia sucks :frowning:

2 Likes

I hope your med change helps you. :tiger2::tiger2::tiger2:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

My cpn says 20mg is maximum. Over that has the same effectiveness just more side effects. This is coming from a UK CPN.

You are not alone, I sometimes worry about people wanting to kill me it’s so bloody annoying I didn’t use to worry about this. and London has high crime rate bad knife culture etc. and it’s interesting that I get this feeling from people I actually knw of. It makes me fearful of some of them!!
I hope it goes away with you and with me too…I need more therapy sessions on it…that may help you too

2 Likes

I get scary thoughts too
I had a sore eye and was scared of going blind
I’ve had other scary thoughts too

2 Likes

I’m afraid of people following me. When I sense something is wrong, I run frantically and try to get in a safe spot or call my boyfriend. I can’t spend more than 5 mins in a cafe or restaurant by myself. I have to be with someone. It’s been so hot here that it’s hard to run in this weather. Night time changes my whole perspective even more. Then people get crazy!

When I was on vacation I thought the guy we rented from was going to kill us all. That he kills you after he forces you to write something nice in the guest book. I told my bf and he said you seriously need new meds

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys. Paranoia needs to ■■■■ off.

■■■■ paranoia!!!

1 Like

I used to live with unrelenting terror about being tortured by government/aliens (early 20s). Medication, therapy, and CBT all made a huge difference. I live a mostly normal life these days (age 50). Just keep working with your treatment providers and things should steadily get better.

:blush:

1 Like

Have you received therapy for ocd? I have severe ocd. I am treating it in counseling and intensive outpatient therapy.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.