Obsession vs broken record

Is my Schizophrenia to blame for me obsessing over things or is that natural? People have told me I talk about the same things over and over. Is this obsession or am I just a broken record?

1 Like

It is the sz. I can do it on occasion and I could talk under water. I know when I’m doing poorly because I talk the same stuff over and over…it really is like a broken record as my mind just gets stuck on things.

Obsession is par for the course too and could affect you over a lot of things. As always, touch base with your shrink and just keep trying. I’ve learned to deal with most social situations just by doing them a lot. It does work in the end!

1 Like

I knew it. I will tell my therapist and do a CBT session with her on this issue.

1 Like

I do this too. It can be a problem at work where I talk about the same thing and don’t drop a subject. I am trying to keep things brief now but sometimes I trip up and do it.

I know a few people with sz who have OCD issues. I think that it can be mild as part of the illness, but can be bad enough to be its own diagnosis. I don’t think mine is bad enough to be branded. Is yours?

1 Like

I do tend to do it a lot. My aunt says she expects to talk about the same with me as always…lol my husband says I’m like a broken record when I’m not ok.

I have a few subjects I come back to a lot. I try not to talk about certain things too much, though, because I know people don’t believe some things I have to say. I guess it seems a little obsessional sometimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.