Obsessing about Diagnosis

I cant seem to stop thinking about the fact that I have schizophrenia. I wish I could just forget about it and pretend to be normal. Does anyone else obsess about their diagnosis?

I don’t feel that much about the diagnosis cause I don’t talk about it anywhere but here so it doesn’t really define me with anyone else. Maybe it makes me feel special

1 Like

Yeah, I do too.

1 Like

A little bit but I don’t wear it on my sleeve in RL.

1 Like

Yeah, I can pass for normal. Just my thoughts wont leave me alone

Yea I can’t believe I have a disorder either.
I was a normal guy until my twenties. Don’t like being labeled as mentally ill and certainly don’t like the weirdness that comes along with it.
At least you know though. Rather than just waking around crazy

2 Likes

I know right? It’s like a weird dream. I keep trying to wake up but I can’t and everything stays weird. I don’t have the energy to pretend anymore. Stay alive friend.

1 Like

I’ve been obsessing about it a lot, too. I can’t seem to get it off my mind. I tend to obsess about things, though. Right now I’m obsessing over my mental health. I talk to my husband all day about it… I just can’t stop thinking about it. It’s hard to accept.

2 Likes

I just spent a half hour talking to my husband about it too.

1 Like

It certainly can be overwhelming. Most of the time it doesn’t matter to me but it’s always there. Sometimes I notice it like when you get symptoms or through talking to other people. My life is different from most folks and that can make it hard but I just try and get on with things.

1 Like

I cant stop obsessing over it but i also cant fully accept it…duality…

1 Like

I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia recently and I am also having a hard time not obsessing over it. It consumes me and I’m having a hard time coming to terms with the fact I have it.

1 Like

It is very hard to accept your diagnosis in my opinion. I went my whole life arrogantly thinking I could stay perfectly healthy with natural cures and didnt need to have anything to do with doctors unless I broke a leg. To be so dependent on doctors and chemical medications to retain your sanity is just a hard adjustment to make.