Obscure music and art makes me very happy for some reason

I keep my mind on obscure music…don’t have to read into anything like when I was ill…just obscure, oblivious music…and my art is way out there too…that which I own that is…

7 Likes

I do like esoteric music. I listen to a homegrown radio station and some of these small club and garage bands come up with some really fun tunes.

!:notes:

3 Likes

do you have spotify? zombierella and los bitchos are my fave obscure music right now…that and all the prog rock by Yes …tales of topograpic oceans, relayer…albums like that…especially “close to the edge” by Yes.

3 Likes

Have it on now. Listening to Oh Brother Where art Thou soundtrack.

5 Likes

oh I love that soundtrack…you might check out “dead presidents” soundtrack on spotify if you like 70’s soul.

2 Likes

“Well ain’t this just a geographical oddity? Two weeks away from everywhere!”

1 Like

@jukebox

Do you paint with oils? Or what is your medium?

I have always wanted to try wet on wet oil painting.

i am too dumb to use oils…and I hate the “dry time” of oils…I use acrylics…

Yes is NOT obscure music!!! They used to be bigger than HUGE!!!

2 Likes

In my area we have a radio station that plays jazz, hip hop, blues, afro pop, Latin, reggae, soul, and sometimes the music just blows me away. It’s necessary to know this stuff if you want to write songs of your own. Music is so important and I have had a lack of good music for decades besides the occasional CD I’d love.

3 Likes

You should post some Youtube links mane.

2 Likes

@iconoclast_01 thank you, Yes was huge I agree…I just think of some of their albums as obscure since they are so “out there”…glad you like them.

3 Likes

Hey @jukebox, what do you think of Genesis? I’ve a fondness for their early stuff with Peter Gabriel on vocals…

What are the characteristics that define obscure music?

I don’t listen to mainstream music - I never heard of obscure music.

1 Like

oh @eighteyedspy23 I like the peter gabriel genesis…I don’t like phil collins in any form…got burned out in the eighties by phil…haha

@Kxev just melodies or music that seems hard to follow.

1 Like

Listening to Close to the Edge right now @jukebox.

1 Like

cool ! I’ll put it on too…

1 Like

The bassist for Yes rocks!

1 Like

yes, they are all genius I think…!! Steve Howe is my favorite guitarist.

1 Like

I loved the harmonics on the intro to And You and I…